Electropop Bands You Need to Hear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Electropop is a genre that gets bigger and bigger each day as technology advances. Tons of new bands, duos and solo acts are breaking out their computers to build new tracks. These are a few group that sum up the genre pretty well. Their music is relaxing yet trippy at the same time.

HONNE

HONNE is an electronic duo formed in London. Their music has funky soulful feel to it and is very relaxing. The song Warm on a Cold Night is my personal favorite. This song is their first ever single and it is absolutely amazing. It has a sensual intro that makes everyone want to close their eyes and listen to HONNE.

Transviolet

They are a quartet with a dramatic and romantic sound. And also the lead singer has an incredibly unique voice. As a unique marketing tactic the band sent out cassette tapes with their music on it to addresses labeled “Just press play.” The internet started raving about the band almost immediately. Their fan base includes pop stars like Katy Perry and Harry Styles. A song by them that must be heard is called Bloodstream. The song itself has an addictive quality. The lyrics are insanely trippy and totally Instagram caption quality. WARNING: Once you hear this song you will not listen to anything else for a while.

Marian Hill

Marian Hill is an emerging artist with an R&B sound that meets electronic music. Their songs frequently revolve around metaphors and the literary devices they use are intriguing. Something to love about their music is the way it is so simple yet so complex at the same time. Their songs have been the backing track for multiple commercials and vines. Their music always has an amazing beat played on the synthesizer that could make anybody want to dance. I have to say that the best part of this song is the end when the vocals are broken down into an amazing beat.

Lolawolf

Most people don’t know this but Zoë Kravitz is not just a model, actress and daughter of a rockstar. She sings too. The best way to describe their music in one word is trippy. The band started off their career touring with big acts like Miley Cyrus and have recently released a new EP with a new twist on their soulful sound. They have also collaborated with rapper A$AP Rocky. Real4u has a relaxing smooth feel to it. It gets anyone

Electropop is the future of music and the future is finally here!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Image 1234

Sierra Mayhew is a rising freshman at the University of Notre Dame studying Film, Television and Theatre (concentration in Television) with a minor in Journalism. She is a guitarist and music enthusiast.  Follow her on instagram @sierra_mayhew.