Purely Pressed in South Bend
Purely Pressed in South Bend
Original photo by Meg Pryor

Eating on Eddy Street: Purely Pressed Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Has anyone else noticed the mass exodus to Eddy Street this semester? Well, I am not saying it is unjustified. Eddy Street has some great restaurants, and one of my favorites is Purely Pressed. A restaurant of delicious juices and bowls, and everything is prepped for dining out in case health concerns are preventing you from wanting to dine in.

If you see the Purely Pressed menu and are overwhelmed with its many options, here are five items that either I or my friends have particularly enjoyed. Keep in mind, however, that Purely Pressed does not accept Domer Dollars.

Acai Bowl

I felt obligated to start here. With its coconut milk base, this bowl is especially tasty with almond butter. With each bowl, you get any three toppings for free; the almond butter does add $1 to your order.

To my fellow Celiacs: the granola is not gluten-free.

Blue Majik Bowl

Both blue majik and spirulina are derived from blue-green algae compounds, making them pretty similar in taste. This dish and the spirulina bowl (aka the green bowl) are paired with pineapple for an impeccably sweet taste.

Dragon Bowl

Vibrantly pink and best enhanced with strawberries and bananas on top. Or, if they are in season, blueberries.

E3 Smoothie

This mix of blue majik, cashew milk, pineapple, mango and banana is perfect for anyone who would like a variation of the blue majik or green bowl on the go. Plus, a splash of vanilla makes it incredibly refreshing.

Lattes

If you are not in the mood for a bowl, they have coffee and chai tea as well.

If you are looking for an excuse to go on a nice walk and have a craving for something sweet and healthy, I recommend Purely Pressed. The service, dishes and drinks are fantastic.

Images provided by the author

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Meg Pryor

Notre Dame '22

Meg is an editor for the Notre Dame chapter. Major: Psychology Minor: Journalism