Disney Channel’s Finest: Where are They Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Though many of Disney’s young stars have been thrust into the spotlight in both good ways (Selena) and…interesting ways (Miley, I don’t even know what to feel), others seem to have dropped off the face of the earth. Her Campus did a little research and found out what some of our old friends have been up to recently:

Raviv Ullman (Phil of the Future)

Better known as “Phil Diffy” from Disney Channel’s Phil of the Future, Raviv, formerly Ricky, is now 27 years old and looking pretty damn good sir. He hasn’t done much serious acting since his Disney Channel glory days, but he is an active (and hilarious) vine user and apparently has a podcast as well.

Lalaine (Lizzie McGuire)

Forever known as Lizzie’s best girl, Lalaine hasn’t done much since the end of the Lizzie McGuire series. Though, there was that one incident in 2007 when she was arrested for possession of meth.  Lalaine managed to keep it fairly secret and entered a treatment program that would clear her record.  Aside from a 30 second cameo in “Easy A” she has reportedly been focusing on her musical career.

Christy Carlson Romano (Even Stevens/Kim Possible)

Between multiple TV shows and movies, it seemed like this Disney star was going to actually be able to make it in the real world.  Unfortunately she never did break free from Disney. She has starred in a few Broadway plays, including a role as Belle in Beauty and the Beast, but it looks like this actress’s best days are already behind her :(

Orlando Brown (That’s So Raven)

Eddie definitely turned out to be the most troubled of the That’s So Raven trio.  In 2007, one year after the show ended, Brown was busted in Texas for marijuana.  In August of 2011, he was arrested for a DUI, and in May of 2012, he was arrested again for violating probation. Brown found himself in trouble yet again in July when he failed to show up to court, and in September of this year, courts sentenced him to 180 days in prison. If only Raven could put on a disguise and help him out…

Selena

I’m sure you’ve seen her around so I’m not going to talk about her, sry guyz. 

Miley

Again, where are my feelings? They’re so scattered they ran away. But here are some of the best tid-bits culled from the internet:

Ron Jeremy as Miley, as told by BuzzFeed

The best interview with Miley ever, as conducted by the hyper-intelligent, hyper-good-looking Ronan Farrow, and published in W

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Julia is a junior IT Management major from Minneapolis. When she isn't making spreadsheets in Excel, Julia can usually be found perusing antique shops, redecorating her dorm room, or speaking with a beautiful Minnesotan accent.
AnnaLee Rice

Notre Dame

AnnaLee Rice is a senior at the University of Notre Dame with a double major in Economics and Political Science and a minor in PPE. In addition to being the HCND Campus Correspondent, she is editor-in-chief of the undergraduate philosophy research journal, a research assistant for the Varieties of Democracy project, and a campus tour guide.  She believes in democracy and Essie nailpolish but distrusts pumpkin spice lattes because they are gross.