A Definitive Ranking of Candy Wall Candy 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

It’s nearing that time of the year again- finals week- when all you crave is the warm sun, a nice beach, and loads of candy from the candy wall to keep you sane until you can get to the first two! To ease your indecision over which type of candy to purchase, my accomplices (Katherine and Casey) and I set out on a mission to taste each of the 31 candies of the candy wall and now present them to you in an easy to read Definitive Ranking of Candy Wall Candy 2016.

1. Chocolate Covered Coffee: because for a tired college student nothing beats the sweet combo of chocolate + caffeine

2. Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Peanuts

3. Yogurt Covered Pretzels (only slightly inferior)

4. Peach Ring(by spring)s: The most divisive item on the list—you either love them or you hate them! (I love them. My co-tasters {unjustly} hate them).

5. Reese’s Pieces

6. Blue Gummy Bears: someone went through all the effort of picking out the best gummy bears and putting them in their own compartment :)

7. Mixed Gummy Bears

8. Big Multi-Colored Snowcaps: because bigger is better

9. Sour Patch Kids: Sour, Sweet, Gone!

10. Gummy Frogs: just like a pet, but you can eat it too!

11. Fruit Snacks

12. Sour Patch Watermelons: nom nom nom

13. Smarties: because we’ve all eaten a pack secretly hoping it would stay true to its namesake

14. Blow Pop: although the lollipop vs. sucker controversey is still hot, there’s no debate about the yumminess of these

15. Sour Gummy Worms

16. Regular Gummy Worms

17.  Jolly Ranchers (Blue)

18. Swedish Fish

19. Mini Snowcaps: because size does matter!

20. Weird Fruit Flavored Hard Candy (What does that even mean? Nobody knows what it means but its provocative! No it’s not! It gets the people going!) #lovetheeND

21. Prepackaged Candy: It’s unoriginal and I don’t want to unwrap my own candy!!!

22. Cow tails: points for nostalgia; docked points because they are bad

23.  Mini Sour Gummy Bears: “The texture is reminiscent of a cow hoof”—Katherine & Casey

24. Tootsie Rolls: what you always got on Halloween but never wanted (creepy hand included)

25. Cherry Balls?: We thought it would taste like Fireball. It did not.

26. Candy Corn (again, very divisive)

27. Raspberry Things: “The kind of things that if they were out on a table at a party you would keep eating them, but you wouldn’t actually like them” –Me

28. Mike n Ike (brand name jelly beans)

29. Jelly Beans

30. Gumballs: anything that makes you chew that much is just not enjoyable :/

31. Bird Feed

I hope this makes your finals week a bit sweeter! (I am now going to go recover from my sugar hangover). 

XO, 

HCND

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

All images except the last are provided by the author

Nicole (noun): 1. Writer & Marketing and Publicity Director for Her Campus Notre Dame 2. Junior Neuroscience and Behavior major 3. Avid Traveler 4. Lover of Languages 5. Coffee Enthousiast 6. Laughing Queen (can't dance)