Crew Cutie: Areyán Gonzales-Stocks ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Knott’s legen…wait for it…dary sophomore rower Areyán Gonzales-Stocks! Smart, funny, and outgoing – Areyán really is the definition of the best and the brightest. If you are lucky enough to meet this athlete you will quickly realize that he will always manage to put a smile on your face. His wit, good nature, and, not to mention, good looks make him a fantastic friend and an even better Campus Cutie. 

The Basics 

Name: Areyán Gonzales-Stocks

Hometown: Albuquerque, NM

Major: Finance

Year: Sophomore

Dorm: Knott Hall

Relationship Status: Single ;)

Under the Dome 

Why did you choose Notre Dame?

Because my grandfather wanted my mom to go here, but he died of leukemia when she was 16. So, she really didn’t get a chance to do that. That’s why I applied here. 

What do you love most about Knott?

Its central location on campus…and grilled cheese. 

What inspired you to start rowing?

The guys who were recruiting were like really scary and I thought “I want to be really scary.”

Actually, I come from the sand people (New Mexicans),  and we don’t have rowing. So I thought it’d be fun to just give it a try. 

What is your pump up song?

Oh God…Oh God…”Sharp Dressed Man” by ZZ Top. Yeaaaah.

Also, if we’re going for a second one, “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” from Mulan. 

Halloween Edition 

Any plans for Halloween?

Yeah, I do.

Favorite Halloween movie?

Oh God, I don’t watch Halloween Movies…Or, Elf. Yeah, Elf.

Trick or treat?

Treat ;)

Pumpkin Spice or Hot Chocolate?

Root beer float…Pumpkin pie…definitely pumpkin pie.

Halloween party or scary movie?

Oh, Halloween party. Clothing optional.

Bring on the Romance 

Ideal date? 

Bike ride, cozy up by the fire, swing dancing…if it’s the right girl it really doesn’t matter.  

What do you look for in a girl?

HUGE personality…Also, probably adventurous and decisive….Athletic, absolutely athletic. Athletic + 1. She has to smile like all the time – constantly. 

Watches Game of Thrones, wears sundresses, no vegans. 

Celebrity crush?

Pam Beesly. (The Office) 

If you ever see this cutie walking around on campus, don’t be shy, just say hi. 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!.

Images: provided by interviewee

Erin Rose Howard is a sophomore Business and English major at the University of Notre Dame. Hailing from the beautiful state of New Mexico, you can find her around campus attempting to bring some of her NM sunshine to ND. She is a strong promoter of the four main food groups: coffee, Diet Coke, chocolate, and pizza. Erin Rose's interests include: food, fashion, family, and friends. You can find the rarely updated story of her life on Instagram @erin_rose_howard or on Twitter @erhoward96.