On Campus Study Spaces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

With reading days and finals approaching, a lot of us are starting to buckle down to start studying. The question now is, besides our dorms, where on campus can we camp out all day with our books?

1. The Library

Go the obvious route and grab a spot in the library. There are a couple options in Club Hes, each with a different feel. For group studying, stick to the first floor or one of the basement study rooms. Be sure to get there early so you can grab a spot!If you’re looking for a quieter environment, venture up to one of the top floors and set up camp in a study cubicle.

2. Geddes Hall

At Geddes you can either grab a booth in the “coffee shop” or head over to the couches in the library on the first floor.

3. “CoMo” (Coleman-Morse Center)

If you’re on South Quad CoMo has tons of places to study including the lounge with popcorn and soda.

4. Law Library

Also on South Quad, just be sure you’re super quiet.You might get a couple weird looks from the law students, but you are allowed in there!

5. On the Quad

Now that we finally have entered spring, take advantage of the warm weather! Studying outside is also great because you probably won’t get Internet, meaning no distractions like Facebook or HerCampus!

Photo

Julia is a junior IT Management major from Minneapolis. When she isn't making spreadsheets in Excel, Julia can usually be found perusing antique shops, redecorating her dorm room, or speaking with a beautiful Minnesotan accent.
Katie Fusco

Notre Dame

A senior English and American Studies double major at the University of Notre Dame, Katie is passionate about media, education, and public history.