andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie Mike Voge ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Mike Voge, this week’s Campus Cutie, truly has it all. He’s a chef, a scholar, a gentleman, and an all-around great guy. Her Campus wanted to give their seal of approval to Mike, and sat down to learn a little bit more about him. Basically, Mike’s just one giant teddy bear whose hugs might you in half! 

Fast Facts About Mike

Name: Mike Voge

Year and Dorm: Junior, Knott Hall (currently living in Clover Village)

Hometown: Solana Beach, California (formerly Rye, New York)

Major: Finance

Relationship Status: Single

Describe Yourself in 3 Words: Kind, Laidback, Athletic

Something you feel very strongly about: New York Sports. In fact, I almost answered the question above with “Knicks, Giants, Yankees.”

Favorite Song: Old Pine by Ben Howard. What a stud. Or it would have to be Fix You by Coldplay. I once placed both songs into their own iTunes playlist, put it on repeat, and listened to it for several hours. It was a wonderful decision.

Favorite Disney Movie and Why: Up. The whole movie cracks me up (except for the emotional parts toward the beginning, which are admittedly quite sad). I still end up uncontrollably laughing every time, and I think I’ve seen it about 50 times now, rivaling Tommy Boy and Shawshank for best movies ever.

Digging Deeper with Mike

If you were an animal, what would you be and why? Elephant. They are huge, eat all day, and don’t have a care in the world. But nobody messes with them because you know they could just destroy the other animals if they wanted to. Have you seen Return of the King?

I hear you’re quite the chef/baker! What is your favorite recipe you’ve ever tried out? I would say my go to recipe at this point is chocolate chip cookies, though I am still always trying to get better at it. I’ve currently got a long list of Pinterest recipes I want to try out this summer, but honestly, I mostly end up just pinning anything with Nutella in it. I could eat that stuff all day.

What the Ladies Need to Know

On a given day, where can the ladies most likely find you? Debartolo, North Dining Hall, on the Treadmill/Basketball court at Rolfe’s, or on the first floor of the Hesburgh library.

What do you look for in a girl? Someone who is into sports, can laugh at herself, is down to earth, will say what’s on her mind, avoids drama, and will help me out when I am too inept to handle social situations.

Biggest Relationship/Dating Pet Peeve: Always being the one to have to make decisions. It gets old after awhile.  

Why do you think you’d make someone a great boyfriend? See above regarding my pursuit of perfecting the chocolate chip cookie. 

If you had a piece of advice for your future daughter, what would it be and why? Life is too short not to order the large milkshake, or the fries.

In the future, what would you say to someone trying to date your daughter? Have a good time and be safe, but know that if you break her heart, I’ll break your leg. (Writer’s Note: Mike has, in fact, accidentally broken people’s arms while playing lacrosse. This is not an empty threat.)

Time at Notre Dame

Why did you decide to come to Notre Dame? I came to ND because the students seemed so proud that they went to Notre Dame, and were just proud to be a part of the Notre Dame family. Without a doubt, my family is the most important thing to me, and I wanted a school that emulated that. Oh, and Mendoza being ranked #1. That certainly didn’t hurt.

If you could go back to freshman year and tell yourself one thing you know now, what would it be? Invest in a nice jacket. 

What is your favorite Notre Dame memory so far? Studying abroad in Australia (which I know lacks originality given previous responses to the same question, but I’d be lying if I said anything different).

What has been your favorite Notre Dame football game memory? Beating Pitt in Triple Overtime. That was awesome.

What’s one item on your Notre Dame bucket list? Make it to the Final Four, and go to the game.

Plans for the Future

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Madison Square Garden, with the Knicks in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. I know this is wishful thinking given the horrid state of the Knicks at the moment, but that’s my dream. 

Where do you see yourself in 25 years? Anywhere in the United States but the Midwest. 

If you could model the rest of your life after someone (real or fictional) who would it be and why? Justin Tuck. ND Alumni, New York Giant Legend, Absolute Stud. I’d love to meet him one day.

Thanks, Mike!

XOXO, HCND

For more campus style and entertainment, like HCND on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Brooke Kovanda is a senior at the University of Notre Dame and from Lockport, IL.  She is majoring in business marketing with a journalism minor.  When not blasting everything from Van Halen to Beyonce from her room, Brooke is probably planning an event for the campus radio station, narrating promotions at ND hockey games, or talking someone's ear off.  She faces an internal struggle between getting McDonalds or going for a run.  Her passions are journalism, media, and traveling; her dream is to work in public relations or advertising.