Campus Cutie: Jeff Wilush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Clearly, all good things come from Australia. And by that I mean all the good guys studied abroad over in the Southern Hemisphere! This week HCND sat down with recent returnee, Jeff Wilush, to talk about life, ladies, and advice for his future daughter (heart currently melting!).

About Jeff

Name: Jeff Wilush

Year: Junior

Dorm: Siegfried (off-campus this year)

Hometown: Holland, Pennsylvania

Majors: Accounting & Sociology

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in 3 words: Adventurous. Straightforward. Easygoing.  

What is your spirit animal? Gorilla

Signature Drink: Rum and Coke

For the Ladies

What qualities do you find attractive in a girl?

Athletic, dedicated, straightforward, willing to take chances, independent, intelligent, and classy. But, mostly somebody who is funny and can laugh at herself.

What is your biggest deal breaker in a girl?

When a girl is overdramatic or worries too much about insignificant things. Or if she doesn’t take care of her personal self.

If you had a daughter and had to give her one piece of advice, what would it be?

Don’t look for things in all the wrong places. Be yourself and surround yourself with people that will make you a better person, you’ll find everything you need that way.

About Your Time At Notre Dame

If you could go back to freshman year and tell yourself one thing you know now, what would it be?

Not to worry, life happens and time moves on. And hit the gym more.

What is your favorite Notre Dame memory thus far?

By far studying abroad in Australia. So many memories and life changing moments with the greatest people I’ve met and now love. Everyone should do it.  

What’s one item on your Notre Dame Bucket List?

Witness a National Championship, no matter how unlikely. But until then, I’d have to go with Zach Daniel’s last week. DJ-ing at ND would be a blast, maybe even replace the awful DJ at CJ’s.

For The Future

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

Victoria, British Columbia or anywhere in Canada to learn more about my grandparents and extended family. Plus, it’s apparently absolutely beautiful there. Or back to Australia or New Zealand.

Where do you see yourself in 25 years?

Hopefully with a family of my own, working abroad in a big city with a comfortable lifestyle and living standard. Ideally, I would like to own a gym or do non-profit work. But I’m open for anything and anywhere that life takes me!

Follow HCND on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

Brooke Kovanda is a senior at the University of Notre Dame and from Lockport, IL.  She is majoring in business marketing with a journalism minor.  When not blasting everything from Van Halen to Beyonce from her room, Brooke is probably planning an event for the campus radio station, narrating promotions at ND hockey games, or talking someone's ear off.  She faces an internal struggle between getting McDonalds or going for a run.  Her passions are journalism, media, and traveling; her dream is to work in public relations or advertising.