Campus Cutie: Alexis Lopez Medina ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Alexis! You have seen him in the Keenan Revue or hanging around Mendoza, but this business student has a lot going on. I had the pleasure of meeting up with my friend, classmate, and this week’s Campus Cutie to ask him a few questions about life, love, and Notre Dame. 

Full name: Alexis Lopez Medina

Major: IT Management with a minor in entrepreneurship 

Year: Junior, Class of 2015

Hometown: “I was born in Mexico but I live in Trinidad, Colorado.” 

Favorite ND date spot: “There’s a spot over by St. Joe’s lake where you can see the Dome really well. Not that I’ve ever gotten to take someone there.” 

Campus activities: “I’ve been Keenan Hall’s Vice President for two years now, I work with the Keenan Revue, and I’m involved in SIBC.” 

What song could you play on repeat right now? “That Girl by JT. Or Wrecking Ball. It’s always playing in our room.” 

Who is your celebrity crush? “I like blondes but I have to say Mila Kunis. She can be one of the guys or a girly girl.”

What are three words that describe you? “Passionate, curious, and outgoing.”

What’s your favorite pick up line? “I’m not really into pick up lines. I just introduce myself. Pick up lines are kind of corny and I feel like that can ruin your chances.” 

What is the #1 item on your ND bucket list? “Inscribe my name inside the Dome.” 

What’s your biggest deal breaker in a girl? “An awful sense of humor.”

What are your post-grad plans? “I want to get an MBA and eventually a doctorate. Right now, I’m planning to go into consulting so I can travel.” 

Thanks, Alexis!

HCNDxo

Sara Spitt

Notre Dame

Meet HCND's current Campus Coordinator and Editor-in-Chief! Originally from outside of Chicago, Sara is a Senior Peace Studies, Theology, and Italian major at Notre Dame (yes, that is three majors; no, she doesn't have any free time). When she isn't painting her nails, Sara enjoys cooking vegetarian friendly dishes, taking pictures for The Dome yearbook, and reading for fun. Sara began writing for Her Campus Notre Dame in May of 2013 and quickly fell in love with the site and it's staff! After writing for the inagural editorial staff (shout-out to AnnaLee, Katie, and Lex!) for a semester, Sara decided to branch out and become an editor. She particularly enjoys doing interviews and sharing travel expereinces, as well as connecting with the HCND reader network through thought-provoking social commentaries. If you like what you read from her on a weekly basis, this self-proclaimed "Queen of Social Media" has several accounts for you to follow - twitter, instagram (@saraspit22), tumblr, and a blog!