pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Nikita Taniparti ‘14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Do you ever encounter a new person and think, “Who is this person?! And how did he or she get such a good handle on life?” Meet Nikita, a busybody senior from Badin whose daily gravitas and inevitable bubbliness have floored me since time immemorial (okay, since I met her in August). It’s only natural (if not necessary) that her words of wisdom find an outlet on Her Campus. Read on for her perspective on study-life balance, her DIY take on the dining hall, and her opinions on living genuinely.

Meet Nikit(h)a Taniparti!

Year: Senior

Dorm: Badin Hall

Home before the Dome: India. Come visit me!

Major(s): Economics and Anthropology

Favorite dining hall food? It changes every day…but this is always a win: plain yogurt with flax seed, cinnamon, chili powder, black pepper, cocoa powder, and anything else that strikes my fancy.

School activity of which you’re most proud? I think it’s the little things that leave the biggest impact that matter the most: I’m most proud of my passion to surround myself with the amazing people I meet every day here.

What is your #1 time-management strategy? Make sure to take time to do nothing; it facilitates doing everything.

Favorite ND experience so far? The invitation to meet Amartya Sen, Nobel-prize winning Economist from India when he was awarded the Notre Dame award. Oh, and my first snowball fight. Oh, and my first football game. Oh, and my freshman international orientation. Oh, and Dome Dances with the best hall of the year, twice over. And just…lots of other shenanigans.

Favorite song of the moment? Anything by The Piano Guys, Andrea Bocelli, or Simon and Garfunkel. Stay eternally classy.

Favorite on-campus study spot? Geddes Hall, or the seclusion of the Carol Sander Hall courtyard.

How have you changed since coming to ND? Sometimes the things we can’t change end up changing us. Every day is a promise of unpredictability, so reveling in that knowledge changes you with every experience and every memory. I’ve learned to fill my life what’s important, but also to leave a little room for what might not seem that significant at that moment.

Best compliment you’ve ever received? Nikita, you’re endearingly feisty.

Biggest challenge you’ve faced at ND? Sometimes the biggest challenge is to be yourself. Like all challenges though, to overcome them is to be rewarded that much more. Whether it’s academics, work, activities, or personal facets of your life, live like you mean it, and remember that you never have something to lose by reaching out, but you always have something to gain. So don’t overthink it.

Where do you see yourself in fifty years? Things to do before then: decide what I need to do before I’m fifty years older.

Any advice for underclassmen and women? Let life surprise you; it’s all about finding people who are your kind of crazy. Live completely in every moment, because every moment is what makes your life unique and worth remembering.

Sharon Rose

Notre Dame '14

.
Katie Fusco

Notre Dame

A senior English and American Studies double major at the University of Notre Dame, Katie is passionate about media, education, and public history.