Campus Celeb: Cassidy McDonald ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Cassidy, this week’s Campus Celebrity. This amazing girl is super involved with different jouralism organizations and clubs on campus, so make sure to look out for her work! 

Name: Cassidy McDonald

Year: Sophomore

Dorm: Ryan Hall

Hometown: Madison, WI

Major: Marketing with a minor in Journalism, Ethics and Democracy

Extra-curricular activities: Frosh-O Staff, Fighting Irish Digital Media, Scholastic magazine

Fun Fact: I own a pet chicken, but I don’t live anywhere near a farm (My parents are hippies.). And I refuse to eat chicken. It kind of feels the same as eating your dog.

Tell us more about your role on Scholastic.

I’m the News Editor for Scholastic magazine on campus. I come up with story ideas, write articles, and help get the magazine ready to print. I love new writers who want to join! It’s not a huge time commitment, since we only publish once a month. There are major perks, including sweet hookups to interview the coolest people on campus (That could be whoever floats your boat…football players, members of the clergy, etc). If that’s not enough of a pitch, our meetings always have pizza.

What are your plans for the summer? 

During the week I do surveys for a nonprofit, so basically I walk around with a clipboard and ask people to take my survey and then try to play it cool when they ignore me. On the weekends I intern at a TV station. I get to pretend I’m a reporter. This is a picture of me doing a riveting story about wet grass. No really.

What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?

I accidentally got into a poke war on Facebook with a pretty famous University of Wisconsin basketball player after someone else poked him from my phone. He private messaged me to ask if I knew him. I apologized for being a super creepy person. I ended the conversation with, “K sry have a nice day…”

If you could buy anything on Amazon, what would it be? 

This. Because why run when you could use an elliptical with wheels? But real talk, my mom is saving up to buy one of these and I’m very excited.

Goal for the year?

Win the intramural club curling tournament. Last year we only won one game, but I feel confident in our training program. I’ve been lifting a lot, throwing some stones, sweeping some ice. I think our prospects are good.

Thanks for chatting with us, Cassidy!

Follow HCND on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

Images: 1, 2, 34 (provided by interviewee)