timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

California Cutie: Nicolle Ho ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Meet Welsh Fam’s California Cutie Nicolle Ho! If you’re ever looking for a friendly face around campus, a good talk, or a good laugh – Nicolle is your girl. This cutie is as sweet as she is sassy and is always up for trying new things. Her fun and quirky personality makes her constantly a joy to be around, and her beautiful face doesn’t make it hard either. You will never meet a more down-to-earth, fun-loving indivual. Nicolle is always bringing a little bit of her California sunshine to ND, along with a refreshing realness that you won’t find anywhere else. 

The Basics 

Name: Nicolle Ho

Year: Sophomore

Dorm: Welsh Family Hall

Hometown: Mission Viejo, California

Major: Applied Computational Math and Statistics (ACMS)

Relationship Status: Single

Notre Dame Edition  

What is you favorite thing about Notre Dame?

The square table in Starbucks because I’ve had a lot of good conversations and a lot of good studying at that spot. I’ve made a lot of good friends and productivity there.

What is your study spot on campus?

The second floor of Geddes.

What clubs are you involved in on campus?

Swing club

Do you have a swing partner?

The nice thing about swing dancing is that you don’t have a partner. You get to dance with different people all the time.

Other extracurricular activities?

I like rock climbing, I like to cook, I made a claymation once – it took me a long time. I wouldn’t recommend it – but actually it was kind of fun. I like eating – that’s a hobby of mine.

Would you consider yourself a foodie?

Yes I would. In fact, this past summer my friend took me to this garlic festival. She knows I love trying new places to eat and thought it would be really fun. So, it was basically this conglomeration of garlic worshippers – there was garlic ice cream, garlic egg rolls, garlic everything. The funniest thing is the miss garlic pageant and every year one lucky couple gets to get married at the festival. The entire town smells like garlic.

Have you found any hidden gems within South Bend?

I really like Evil Czech Brewery. That’s a great place – I’d recommend.

Christmas Time

Favorite Christmas movie?

Elf

Favorite Christmas song?

Probably the Carol the Bells from Siberian Orchestra – but the video clip of Dwight jamming out to it from the office.

Favorite Christmas tradition?

Maybe like Secret Santa with my friends. Every year we get together at a cool coffee shop or somewhere local and get together and catch up. I have some really good friends at home and I miss them a lot when I’m here.

Romance

What do you look for in a guy?

Eye contact. It’s hard to find. There are many other things, but that’s one thing that totally bothers me. Basic reading comprehension is important to. Non-creepy, non-smoker, generally open-minded. Oh! Is willing to try new things! I hate when people are super afraid of everything – that bothers me.

What is your ideal date?

Probably like going to a really cool coffee shop and just being able to have a really good conversation. Also, when the person just puts the thought into creating their ideal date.

What celebrity would you like to find under the mistletoe this Christmas?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

So, if you’re looking to add a little sunshine to your life – send a smile this California cutie’s way.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: provided by interviewee

Erin Rose Howard is a sophomore Business and English major at the University of Notre Dame. Hailing from the beautiful state of New Mexico, you can find her around campus attempting to bring some of her NM sunshine to ND. She is a strong promoter of the four main food groups: coffee, Diet Coke, chocolate, and pizza. Erin Rose's interests include: food, fashion, family, and friends. You can find the rarely updated story of her life on Instagram @erin_rose_howard or on Twitter @erhoward96.