This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you either have or have considered getting a subscription box. There are so many fun ones on the market, generally priced $10/mo or more. Personally, I’ve stuck on the less expensive end of the spectrum, subscribing to Ipsy and Birchbox at different points in time. While both have their strengths, I’ve preferred Birchbox because the products that I’ve received are generally higher quality and larger samples. I haven’t LOVED every product that they’ve sent me, but in about a year of being subscribed to them, there have been quite a few excellent products.

Coco & Eve Like a Virgin Coconut and Fig Hair Masque

I absolutely love anything that makes my hair softer. I love deep conditioners, hair oils, hair mas(ques/ks) – all of it. This product was interesting because you had to towel dry your ends and let it sit on your hair for a few minutes before rinsing, but it made my hair insanely soft and the smell was subtle but definitely noticeable. I really liked that it was an easy way to build an extra self-care practice into my shower.

Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream

I don’t know what this product was supposed to do exactly, but I would put it on my hair when it was still damp from the shower and let it act as a leave-in conditioner. I generally use a light hair oil every day, but with this, I didn’t need to. My hair was noticeably less frizzy and softer to the touch, plus this product smelled GREAT.

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo

In contrast with the drugstore dry shampoos that I’ve used, this was amazing. The powder seemed a lot finer, so I didn’t end up with white in my hair, it didn’t leave my scalp feeling itchy and coated with product, and it smelled a lot better than the brand I typically use. While my normal dry shampoo only gave the illusion of being fresh, this dry shampoo actually made me feel fresher.

Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum

I’ve heard so so much about Sunday Riley skincare but hadn’t mustered the confidence to drop that kind of money on a product that I hadn’t tried before. The sample for this serum was pretty small, but I nursed it and it lasted a week or so. It smells absolutely incredible and I was so excited to try a high-end product without the high-end price tag.

Amika Soulfood Nourishing Mask

I love hair products, WE GET IT! This product was smelled great and didn’t weigh my hair down the way that some masks/deep conditioners tend to. Similar to the Coco & Eve masque, it was easy to work into my shower routine, and I would just let it sit on my hair while I shaved my legs or washed my face.

Clarins Water Lip Stain

If you know me, you know I’m not a big lipstick person. My mom always complains that I don’t wear lip color and, even for prom, I always begrudged needing to wear makeup that needed touch-ups so consistently and made me look so ~formal~. While I still prefer chapstick to color generally, the red lip stain that Birchbox sent me is so easy and low maintenance. I’ve worn it to a couple of dances and it’s super easy to apply and doesn’t wash off with eating or drinking.

Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray

This product was one that I had never tried from any brand before. Again, I wasn’t sure exactly how I was supposed to use it, but I would do loose curls, spray this in, and run my fingers through it. It made my hair noticeably more shiny and smelling great. It doesn’t have hold like hairspray, but I liked the smoothing element without the sticky stiffness that hairspray can bring!

I'm a junior studying political science and Spanish at the University of Notre Dame. I'm from Grand Rapids, Michigan and enjoy hot yoga, coffee dates and Bath and Body Works candles.