Amber Rose: The Goddess of Feminism

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

The ancient Greeks believed in many gods and goddesses: the god of the sky, Zeus, the goddess of wisdom, Athena, and even Apollo, the god of the sun.  If Amber Rose (Wiz Khalifa’s soul mate, Kanye’s ex, Khloe Kardashian’s enemy, model, singer, and actress extraordinaire) existed in ancient times, I believe she would have been anointed the goddess of feminism for so many reasons.

She Promotes a Healthy Body Image

Amber Rose has a beautiful body.  She has big boobs, a tiny waist, thick legs, and a huge butt.  Amber Rose’s signature platinum shaved head also cannot be forgotten.  Rose rocks what makes her feel confident, and shows other girls that they should do the same.  When criticized for wearing something too revealing, she posts a picture on her Instagram that highlights the beauty of the female figure, the beauty of her figure.  Amber Rose shows that all women should do as they wish in order to feel as confident and good about themselves as possible. 

She is an Extraordinary Mom, Sister, Daughter, and Friend

Amber Rose’s critics are quick to point out that she used to be a stripper (enter Khloe Kardashian) but Rose initially did so because it was a way of supporting her family during a difficult time in their lives.  Now a mother of a beautiful two-year old Sebastian, I would argue that Rose is one of the more hands on mothers in Hollywood. 

She constantly posts videos of her son on Instagram and the new, sophisticated word she teaches him each week.  Seriously though, her son talking about the “translucent ghost jellies” that they saw at the aquarium is enough to make your heart melt into a puddle of goo.  She supports her best friend Blac Chyna against haters and media, she condemns the people who criticize her assistant Benji for his sexuality, and she even shows her undying love and support towards her ex-husband, Wiz. 

She is an Advocate for Sexual Assault Victims

According to the official website, Rose has recently organized the Amber Rose Slut Walk in Los Angeles, “after a Toronto police officer told a crowd of college women that if they wanted to avoid sexual assault, they shouldn’t dress like sluts.”

Rose created the Slut Walk in response to this disgusting and ignorant comment, asking for donations of a GoFundMe page to help the victims of sexual assault.  Rose wrote on the website, “We join the movement on this cause against sexual injustice, victim blaming, derogatory labeling and gender inequality.”  Celebrities, such as Ne-yo and Nicki Minaj, have rallied in support of Rose’s cause.  The Slut Walk will take place October 3, 2015 as a protest in downtown Los Angeles. 

You keep on twerking Muva Rose for all of womankind.  Keep on twerking. 

The HCND application is now open! For more information contact Rebecca Rogalski at rebeccarogalski@hercampus.comor Katrina Linden at katrinalinden@hercampus.com

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 12345

Sources: 12