jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

“Aloedra” isn’t a Name

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Allegra (Aloedra, if you’re a starbucks barista), is a dabbler in the arts and reigning queen of sass. She plays guitar, she sings, she writes for Her Campus Notre Dame and Scene for The Observer, she blogs, she DIYs all sorts of crazy crafts, she occasionally hosts a WVFI radio show called Indie @ ND; what can’t she do, besides prevent herself from spending all her flex points at Starbucks? Let’s take a moment to fully appreciate how amazingly spectacular this phine phox is…

Workin’ that scarf/hat combo

Name: Allegra Wallingford

Hometown: Eden Prairie, Minnesota

Major: Neuroscience, with minors in Computing and Digital Technologies and Education, Schooling, and Society (Dang, girl!)

Dorm: Pangborn phoxes for life

Year: Freshman, class of 2018

Such cuties!

Allegra possesses a lot of strong opinions about…everything. Current events, feminism, which books you have to read, what music is “complete trash,” and what TV shows are the most worthwhile. (Shondaland and Reign, in case you were wondering). She is loud, sassy, and blunt, while still being sincere and incredibly sweet.

In addition to writing for several websites, Allegra also tutors at the Robinson Learning Center. She adores children and always has a fun story about her tutees.

Next year, Allegra will be adding two new responsibilities to her already busy schedule. She will be the SUB Assistant Programmer for Acousticafe and will be on the first ever Student Advisory Board for the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center (DPAC).

She said that DPAC chose 12 students to be on the board in an effort to attract more students to their events. She, along with 11 others, will help pick programming and help promote the events.

When asked what her secret talent is, Allegra claimed that she is “really good at folding paper into precise shapes,” and recommended that if anyone has a need for that, they should hit her up.

(Note: I’m not entirely sure what she means by “precise shapes.” Origami? Just crumpling up paper? That thing in elementary school everyone did to fold notes up into a little square? It’s a mystery.)

For incoming freshmen, she had heartwarming advice: “Don’t come in here think you’re smart, ‘cuz you ain’t.” Just kidding, obviously, but she said that there will probably be a point when you feel like that and that you can’t let it get to you.

Her “real advice” was much kinder. “Even if you get in a janky dorm, you’re probably going to meet your best friends there and learn to love it anyways.”  

Her curls are so perfect…

If you want to hear the obviously superior opinions of Ms. Wallingford on a variety of topics, here are links to her articles on Her Campus Notre Dame, The Observer, and her music blog, The Suburban Hipster.

Stay phoxy, Allegra!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!.

Images: All provided by interviewee

Megan Valley

Notre Dame

Megan Valley, Notre Dame class of 2018, is majoring in the Program of Liberal Studies and English. Some of her addictions include chai tea, naps, popcorn, flannel shirts and floral print dresses. She enjoys reading, writing, smashing the patriarchy, binge watching television shows of questionable caliber, and speaking about herself in the third person.