8 Instagram Accounts You Should Follow for Instant Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Do you compare yourself to others (peers, celebrities, etc.,) on social media or feel stressed when browsing your various social media accounts?

In October 2014, an article in USA Today explored the effects of social media on students and their self esteem. It discusses how students can become stressed when looking at photos of others having fun and will then compare themselves or lives to those photos. Many, not just USA Today argue this point and I agree with it. For the most part, people try to display their best selves on social media and it can be challenging to not compare your life to the lives of others. Not only is this hard to do online, but it can be a challenge in everyday life.

What are you to do?

While you could vow to never login to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter again that may not be realistic. Instead, you can try to cut back on your use of social media while making an effort to expose yourself to those who motivate you with advice, quotes or actions they take. I have found some especially inspiring people on Instagram that I would like to share.

1.Summer Perez (@summerperez)

A yogi and mom based in Las Vegas. The majority of these posts show her doing yoga poses that I can only ever dream of being able to do, but each is captioned with some sort of message that tends to resonate with me.

2.Tara Stiles (@tarastiles)

Tara is the founder and owner of Strala Yoga which is a movement system that encourages freedom within the practice. She also just published a book called “Make Your Own Rules Diet.” Tara seemingly lives life by her own rules and inspires others to do the same on and off the yoga mat and through her posts!

3.Bee Bosnak (@beebosnak)

Through yoga, meditation and reiki Bee works to help people become “their most conscious and healed selves.” Her personal mantra is “choose love” and her posts and the messages she chooses to share each day reflect this.

4.Caitlin Turner (@gypsetgoddess)

Caitlin is a yogi and blogger based in Scottsdale, Arizona, but her work brings her all over the world. She has been seen practicing in Thailand, Iceland, Bora Bora and more.

5. Dai Manuel (@daimanuel)

Dai seems to be doing it all. He is a self-proclaimed “Cool Dad, Husband, Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker, Pro blogger, Brand Strategist and Health Junky.” His posts include CrossFit shots, inspiring quotes, family and a bit of goofiness. I can always count on getting a laugh or dose of motivation from him.

6. Robin Arzón (@RobinNYC)

I discovered Robin recently, and am so happy I did. A former lawyer, Robin in now a certified running coach, cycling instructor and Editor-in-Chief of UNDO MAGAZINE.  Behind these job titles, though, is a woman determined to live life on her own terms and as she says, “Do epic sh-t.” She’s a woman I most definitely want to hear from on the daily.

7. Emily Schromm (@emilyschromm)

Emily, a CrossFit coach and competitor, is determined to help others “BE THEIR OWN SUPERHERO.” She posts about both the successful and challenging days in the gym and shares her thoughts on each. Her drive to succeed at her passion and self-confidence is contagious.

8. Her Campus Notre Dame (@hercampusnotredame)

There is no shame in a little self-promotion! Whether you are looking for some extra motivation on Mondays or don’t have enough dome pictures on your feed as is, we’ve got you covered!

Stay conscious of your thoughts while on social media and check out some of these great accounts to keep comparison from bringing you down!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1,2, 3,45,67,8,9

Sources: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Abbey Murphy

Notre Dame

Abbey Murphy is a senior at Notre Dame from outside of Boston. She's majoring in pre-health studies and sociology and is passionate about all things related to health and wellness. She hopes to share information which will help collegiettes feel their best as they work towards reaching their goals.