This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Although the coming of winter brings a beautiful change of scenery and exciting holiday spirit, it complicates our beauty routines—dry skin, eyes, hair, everything! It takes a little extra work, but keeping your body healthy is doable, ladies! Staying on top of your beauty game is an essential part of making it through the winter—and never forget that we are all in this together! It’s time to stock up on these cold-weather beauty essentials with the coming of these freezing temperatures—and don’t forget to stay warm!

Lip Balm

This will become your new best friend in the winter—literally. There is nothing more distracting than chapped lips when you are trying to focus on work or enjoy a meal. Avoid this by making sure you have a lip balm handy at all times! It is super easy to carry and it’s cheap—a win-win! Here are some of my favorites:

Burt’s Bees Lip Balm 

Aquaphor Lip Repair Ointment

Hand Lotion

This is another MUST to survive this winter season. There is nothing worse than having aching, dry hands on your dreadful way to class or when you are trying to go to bed. The beauty of hand lotion is that it comes in all sizes and smells! I recommend keeping a large bottle in your room and keeping a small one in your bag with you at all times. 

Meyer’s Hand Lotion

Aveeno Hand Cream

Body Lotion

I know it’s tough to keep up with sometimes (especially after a long, cold day), but use body lotion daily to keep your body nice and hydrated! I recommend using it right after the shower to make it an easy habit—trust me, it’ll be worth it. These are some popular picks: 

CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

Face Lotion

Our faces tend to be the most exposed to the cold during the winter season and can easily get dry. Avoid peeling skin by hydrating your face frequently—you can never use too much face lotion! This is my personal favorite because it is fragrance free, easy to carry and soothes my skin instantly:

Cerave Face Lotion

Vitamins

These are easily overlooked, but they are vital to staying healthy in the cold! We tend not to take in enough vitamins in the winter due to the lack of sunlight and poor eating habits. Counter that with the One A Day Women’s Multivitamin. Not only does it help your skin, but it also enhances your bone health and immune system!

Face Serum

Although not necessary, face serums can be a good way to keep your skin happy and healthy. While some provide a hydro boost, others help make your face less oily or blemished. Explore and find the one that best suits your skin type. These two make a nice combo: 

Neutrogena Hydroboost Hydrating Serum 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Daily Clearing Cleaning Solution

Eye Cream

The skin under our eyes is extremely sensitive—wrinkles and dark circles are super prevalent and hard to prevent. Not only does eye cream nourish the skin, but it helps avoid puffiness in the morning. It will also brighten your eyes like no other! 

Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment

Cerave Eye Repair Cream

Jade Roller

This one may seem silly, but if you are the kind of person that wakes up with puffy eyes every morning from not getting enough sleep, consider using a jade roller! This face massager soothes your skin and relaxes the facial muscles that cause our faces to swell up. Daily usage is even said to potentially reduce the sign of wrinkles

Jade Roller

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Clara Saint-Denis

Notre Dame '22

Clara Saint Denis is currently an Undergraduate student at the University of Notre Dame studying Political Science with minors in Journalism and Business Economics. She was born in Paris, France and currently resides in Westfield, New Jersey. At Notre Dame, she is an active member of her dorm, Ryan Hall and of the Student Union Board, in addition to being a writer for Her Campus. In her free time, she enjoys running, reading, or doing anything outdoors. She also loves to travel and learn about different cultures.