This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

1. The Bae

I do not know you, but I love you.

The beauty of the syllabus week bae is that the attraction is purely physical. It’s a fairytale. As classes proceed, his appeal might be tarnished by clashing opinions, annoying habits, and all the other little details that distinguish the fire of attraction. But hey, we’ll always have syllabus week.

2. The Drunk

They probably have a 3.8 GPA and a depressingly impressive internship awaiting them this summer, but this week they’ll spend so much time at Feve or shotgunning Natty you’re surprised they can remember which suburb outside of Chicago they grew up in. 

3. The Try-Hard

They sit in the front row, ask twelve questions about the syllabus, and do their best to woo the professor at the end of the period. Be thankful for the try-hard because they’ll probably write a ballin’ study guide come finals week…all 30 pages of it. 

4. The Burned Out Senior

They’ve either got jobs waiting for them or are panicking about their prospects. Either way, they cannot be bothered to do the reading, will show up to the minimum number of class meetings, and finish the final in under an hour. They ran out of motivation far too long ago.  

5. The Stalker

Every step you take across South Quad, every turn you make in DeBart, every elective you take, there they are. Your stalker doesn’t necessarily have to be aware of you, but you can’t help but wonder why you can’t seem to shake them. 

6. The Ghost of Hook Ups Past

Sometimes we forget that the “randoms” we meet at hip-hop night are Cheg majors who have to fulfill lit requirements like everybody else. Your ghost will likely appear when you least expect them and look the least appealing. 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images 1234, 5, 6cover

Victoria is a Junior Political Science major and Journalism minor hailing from Atlanta, Georgia. As you'd expect, she loves writing about politics in a tireless attempt to help people realize that politics matter. When she's not standing on her soapbox, she enjoys music, food, football, and reminding people to check their privilege. In the winter months, you can find her near the closest heater listening to country songs and counting the days until break.