Style > Beauty

5 Fashion and Beauty Trends to Try This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

After a sunny St. Paddy’s Day, it feels like spring may finally be here to stay. As the warm weather returns, I’m looking forward to retiring my boots and parka for the year and trying out some new spring pieces. Here are a few trends from the spring 2016 runway that I’ll be incorporating this season!

1. Off the Shoulder

Asos // $24

Off the shoulder tops are a chic way to show some skin without overdoing it, especially when the temperature isn’t high enough to go sleeveless. A top in a light color like this white and blue stripe looks especially fresh. 

2. Ruffles

Asos // $48

Large, architectural ruffles were all over the Spring ’16 runways, and this skirt is a much more wearable way to incorporate a touch of feminitity to a look. 

3. Fringe

Urban Outfitters // $39

Fringe isn’t going anywhere for the time being, and a boho bag in a solid color goes with almost any outfit.

4. Ankle Cropped Jeans

STS Blue // $58

A cropped fit and frayed hems are a denim must have for spring! These can be dressed up or down for a versatile spring bottom. 

5. Glitter

Finally, both glitter and metallics adorned almost every face on the runway this season. The look above would look great for a party or dance, or a glittery shadow can achieve a more subtle version of the same look.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Emily Rodriguez is a sophomore English major and Business Economics minor at Notre Dame. She joined Her Campus during fall 2014 and loves to write about style, television, and movies. When not in class, she can be found singing with Halftime, contemplating going to the gym and ultimately not going, and thinking too much about Parks and Recreation.