This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

1.  Future Hearts by All Time Low

Released in April 2015, this album is amazing for those who love pop punk and post-hardcore bands. The first single off of the album is called “Something’s Gotta Give” and it is the perfect song to blast with your windows down and the stereo up. The second single from the album, Kids in the Dark, is a great song to describe an amazing summer and makes you want to get up and dance. The lyric “Wishing on a star that is just a satellite” from “Satellite” is a describes how common false hope is. This band is completely underrated and this album is an exemplary addition to the discography of All Time Low. If you buy the physical copy of the album it comes with 5 polaroids of the band.

2.  FROOT by Marina and the Diamonds

After 3 years of waiting for a new album, Marina released FROOT in March. Originally, she planned to release the album one song at a time until June. Sadly, her music was leaked and she ended up just releasing the album earlier than planned. “Froot,” which is a super fun and poppy song with an 80’s vibe, was the first to be released. It has catchy lyrics and a great hook. Froot may be the most popular but Immortal is also a great track.

Originally, the lyrics come out as cynical, with lyrics such as “everybody dies, dies”, but with a fuller understanding they could not be anything but true. The bass and use of a synthesizer really make this album futuristic. All of the music on the record was written by Marina and only by Marina. Catch her at Lollapalooza to hear some tracks from the album!

3.  Badlands by Halsey

This album has technically not yet been released but the majority of the songs are already available on youtube. It is rare for an artist to be so popular before they have even put out a full album but Halsey has a large fan base. This is in part due to her relationships with other artists but also to how successful her EP Room 93 was. She is also currently touring as an opening act for the Imagine Dragons tour.

The first single from the album, “Hold Me Down,” was released recently and talks about independence and strength. Another song from the album that did not appear on the EP is “Colors.” The song, which is rumored to be about Matt Healy, has lyrics that compare a person to the colors blue and gray. The album is due to come out in August so keep your ears peeled.

4.  Goddess by Banks

This is another debut album and it comes from someone named Jillian Banks. The mood of this album is dreary yet uplifting at the same time. It features a prominent bassline. Anyone who likes Lana Del Rey or Lorde would be interested in checking out this hot new artist. “Waiting Game” shows off Banks’s truly amazing vocal range in an awesome way. The song talks about her long distance relationship with a fellow musician and how hard it was for them to keep in touch. “Begging for Thread” is her most popular track and has a memorable chorus that is sure to get stuck in your head. This album as a whole has a lot of potential and is for sure going to be a hit.

5.  American Beauty/American Psycho by Fall Out Boy

Everyone’s heard the hit first single off of this album called “Centuries” but not everyone knows about how awesome the rest of this album is. Having been around since 2003, it is astonishing how the band continues to have so much success. “The Kids Aren’t Alright” is a lowkey ballad that is perfect for summer nights. The album in total is about being young and overcoming hurdles in life. It also comes with a great series of music videos that are worth checking out. If you are not completely familiar with this record, it is a great one to listen to.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

The HCND application is now open! For more information contact Rebecca Rogalski at rrogalsk@nd.edu or Katrina Linden at klinden1@nd.edu.

Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Sierra Mayhew is a rising freshman at the University of Notre Dame studying Film, Television and Theatre (concentration in Television) with a minor in Journalism. She is a guitarist and music enthusiast.  Follow her on instagram @sierra_mayhew.