This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Spring semester is now in full swing, but there is still snow on the ground and the sun hides behind the permacloud. Although it doesn’t feel like spring, the fashion world waits for no one. Spring lines are about to hit stores and the trends have long been determined. These will be the trends that start 2015. We all know that fashion is cyclical, so I’m sure you’ve all been introduced to some of these trends before. Be on the lookout for some of these upcoming styles.

1.  Pastel Blue

Calling everything and anything pastel blue! This color is perfect for the transition from winter to spring. It is beautiful and muted and can be found on almost any article of clothing. From shoes to jackets, skirts, and scarves, the amount of pastel blue that was seen on the spring runways was exponential. It can also be paired with a pale pink in order to enhance the pastel palate.

I’m drooling over these jackets:

The pop of leopard print takes the outfit to the next level:

2.  Military Influence

Brands like Marc Jacobs, Hunter, J. Crew, and Gucci all channeled their inner soldier to come up with some amazing pieces for spring. Be on the lookout for lots of hunter green and khaki.

My favorite dress by Marc Jacobs: 

As well as an awesome jacket from J.Crew:

3.  70’s Inspiration

Imagine lots of suede and embellishments. The 70s are back ladies. In addition to the colors and patterns, the tailoring is made to match. Yes, this means that flared pants are making a comeback.

4.  Gingham

This might be every preppy girl’s dream come true. Designers like Diane Von Furstenberg and Oscar de la Renta displayed the classic check on the runway. Gingham is the perfect pattern for spring. Cue picnics with friends on the quad!

I will definitely be trying the light blue and the gingham. I can’t wait until some of the snow melts and the spring fashion aligns with the weather. Happy styling!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Hey everyone! I love to write and cry over episodes of One Tree Hill (don't judge). My favorite things to write about are fashion and music. I am definitely an animal and plant lover. I'm a South Bend native so in a way, Notre Dame has always been a part of my home.