12 Signs Your Friend is a Jersey Chaser

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

The Fighting Irish are not just a team, a brand, or a culture, but a lifestyle. Each and every Notre Dame student understands and embodies this love and lifestyle of Notre Dame athletics in their own way, but none can match the personal touch of the jersey chaser. These girls take their love of the game to another level. So, whether you love them, hate them or simply love to hate them, here are ten signs that your friend is indeed a jersey chaser.

1. She looks like a kid in a candy store at every sporting event

This girl bleeds blue and gold. She’s at the front row of every sporting event, cheering on her favorite men and often gushing over the overall attractiveness of their athleticism. 

2. A guy is automatically more attractive if he’s sporting a backpack or gear

She didn’t look twice at the dining hall yesterday, but she’s really feeling the colors of his backpack today. 

3. Her level of alertness skyrockets while walking through DeBart

By the time she gets out of the building her eyes and mind are strained from trying to memorize the jersey numbers of her hallway favorites. 

4. She follows at least half the team on Instagram – because “who would notice when they have thousands of followers?”

It’s not like they get notifications that she started following them, nor that she liked that shirtless beach picture from 50 weeks ago.  

5. She hates on and stalks every player’s long distance girlfriend

“Why are high school sweethearts even a thing? How can I compete with a girl that is 1000 miles away and basically perfect? Do you think they’re going to stay together? Why, God, why?” – said every girl regarding Drue Tranquill and his adorable girlfriend. 

6. She knows the exact height and weight of every guy she’s interested in

He’s 6’4 and 250 lbs…she’s just thinking about her future children. They need to be tall and athletic. 

7. A jersey in his Tinder profile picture equals an automatic swipe right

It’s unclear whether or not athletes are asking to be pursued by jersey chasers, but their official ND jersey photo doesn’t hurt their chances. 

8. She always knows someone to get into baseball house – and every other sports house, for that matter

She’s very popular. 

9. She lives for spring Feve nights

It’s called Thirsty Thursday for a reason and Fall ball is officially over. So, she’s ditching the tailgate facepaint and dawning the Feve makeup – preparing to meet the man of her dreams…(aka every football player in the club). 

10. She ranks her crushes by the probability they’ll be drafted

She knows all the stats, has read every article, and is very confident in the success of her draft picks. 

11. She specifically only talks to one guy per team at one time

Rule number one of being a jersey chaser is to not let any of the guys know that you are a jersey chaser. 

12. Non-athletes have no chance

“What sport do you play?” …”Oh, I’m sorry. I couldn’t hear you over your lack of athleticism.” 

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!
Images1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Erin Rose Howard is a sophomore Business and English major at the University of Notre Dame. Hailing from the beautiful state of New Mexico, you can find her around campus attempting to bring some of her NM sunshine to ND. She is a strong promoter of the four main food groups: coffee, Diet Coke, chocolate, and pizza. Erin Rose's interests include: food, fashion, family, and friends. You can find the rarely updated story of her life on Instagram @erin_rose_howard or on Twitter @erhoward96.