This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Everyone loves a good Christmas carol, but have you ever wished there were Thanksgiving carols? If you’ve been searching for songs to get you in the thankful mood then look no further. Here are ten songs that should get you feeling grateful and ready for some turkey!

“I’ve Got Plenty to be Thankful For” – Bing Crosby

Bing Crosby is known for having his fair share of Christmas carols, so it would be an absolute shame if we didn’t include this wholesome bop from his film Holiday Inn. Bing reminds us that even though his life isn’t perfect, he still has plenty of things to be thankful for and honestly, same Bing. 

“Thankful” – Josh Groban

The Prince of Christmas carols himself, Josh Groban. Let his angelic voice carry you away and prepare yourself for ALL the feels.

“What a Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong

Classic and timeless. This song allows you to see the beauty all around you.

“Thank You For Being A Friend” – Andrew Gold

If you are not a Golden Girls superfan like myself, don’t worry—this tune is still a fun hit to play at Friendsgiving to let all your pals know how much you appreciate them. But seriously, binge watch all of Golden Girls over Thanksgiving break.

“Don’t Rain on My Parade” – Barbara Streisand 

Okay, I had to include this song because, first, it is amazing. Second, it immediately reminds me of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade every time I hear it.

“thank u, next” – Ariana Grande

Bringing a little pop into our Thanksgiving carols with this 2019 hit. As we gather with friends and family to remember and express gratitude for all the good things in our lives, Ari reminds us that we also need to recognize the less than pleasant experiences that helped us grow and improve. Thank u, next, Ari.

“Be Our Guest” – Beauty and the Beast

How could this song not play on rewind in your head as friends and family gather to enjoy a massive meal with fancy dishes? Really get into the Thanksgiving spirit and perform this song to each guest upon arrival. Remember, the best way to spread Thanksgiving cheer is singing loud for all to hear.

“You’re Welcome” – Moana

A proper response to all this thanking.

“Pennies from Heaven” – Louis Prima

A jazzy little reminder that life is all about perspective. You might recognize this song from the Christmas movie Elf. I bet you didn’t know one of the most beloved Christmas films features a classic Thanksgiving carol! The more you know!

“Antisocial” – Ed Sheeran feat. Travis Scott

If this isn’t the mood after you finish the holiday feast and are ready to slip into a food coma then I don’t know what is. Listen to this angsty Thanksgiving song if your little cousin/sibling/talkative aunt tries to get in the way of you and your post-meal nap.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!

Anna Garatoni

Notre Dame '21

I am a Marketing and Film major at Notre Dame and I live in Welsh Family Hall, where I serve as the publicity commissioner. I'm the middle sibling of 7 kids, so you could say that I'm an extrovert. Choosing a favorite TV show is too hard so here are my top 3: The Office, The Politician, and The Great British Baking Show. I love telling stories and hope to share my best ones with the Her Campus community.