jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Reasons Why My Bulldog is My Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

I am a firm believer that I own the best dog on this planet. Although many of my friends think he is gross or they are even scared of him, he is truly the cutest and sweetest puppy I know. My parents and siblings are great and all, but I would be lying if I said that I miss anyone more than my English Bulldog, Tank, when I am at school. Here are 10 reasons why my bulldog is the best:

Tank is a cuddle monster.

I have never met a puppy more cuddly than my bulldog. Tank can’t fall asleep, even for a nap, unless he is actively cuddling someone and using them as a chin rest. And napping is his FAVORITE activity. 

Tank is very opinionated.

My bulldog has a long list of things he does not like. He doesn’t like when people push him away, when people wait outside of the front door, when people ring the doorbell, when people run away from him, when people laugh at him, when people don’t give him sufficient attention, when people are too loud, walking too much, standing for too long, not having snacks shared with him and a lot of other things. He makes this clear by scowling at whoever dares to annoy him. Sometimes he even tries crying if his facial expressions don’t make them stop. Luckily, even though he is very easy to annoy, he is also very easy to make up with. 

Tank is very attached to the people he loves and lets them know it.

Tank is a HUGE momma’s boy. His day consists of following her around and begging her to stop whatever she’s doing so they can nap and cuddle together. However, his love spreads beyond just his favorite person in the world. If Tank loves you, he will let you know. It’s amazing.

Tank is very lazy and he knows it. #ownyourneeds

Tank spends about 80% of his life napping or lounging around. He loves to lay in the sun although he can get too hot pretty easily. He is forced to go on a walk almost every day with his family, but when enough is enough, he will turn on the brakes and must be dragged or carried home. Exercise just isn’t his thing.

Tank is absolutely hilarious.

I have never met a dog funnier than Tank. He has such a personality and likes things the way he likes them. Not only does he just look funny and make funny noises, but watching him waltz around is too entertaining.

When Tank wags his “tail,” his whole body shakes. 

Tank’s tail is small and looks like a curl attached to his butt. Because of this, whenever he gets super excited, tail wagging includes a full-body shake. This kind of excitement is extremely infectious!

Tank is extremely easy to entertain.

Pretty much, all he ever wants is a nap or a snack. How much easier could it get?

Tank brings joy to everyone who sees him.

It is almost impossible to see Tank walking around and not smile at him or reach down to give him a pet. Strangers always get very excited to meet Tank because of his unique appearance. Family and friends also love getting to know him and cuddling with him. How could you not love such a cute pup?!

Tank is extremely photogenic.

Whether it’s for a Snapchat, Instagram, text to a family member, meme or just snapping a photo for the camera roll, Tank is always looking his best for a pic. I would know best; Tank is featured on my Instagram story almost every time we are together!

Tank is so cute!

His smushy face, loving personality and outfits to match the seasons are almost too much to handle at times! In my opinion, Tank is the cutest dog that I know.

All in all, I know that everyone thinks that their dog is the best. I’m a huge doggy-lover, but I must say that bulldogs just have a special place in my heart. Once a bully girl, always a bully girl!

Caroline Bice

Notre Dame '22

I am an Environmental Science major and History minor on the premed track. I love being active and following various fitness trends, and nutrition is also very important to me. I am extremely extroverted and can pretty much be found dancing anywhere you look for me. I am definitely a nerd and love school! Avid lover of English bulldogs and bassett hounds.