Your Guide to Deals and Steals in Evanston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Evanston is our home away from home. But as many of us know, especially South campus residents, Evanston can be a wallet sore.

Lucky for us, these stores stay in business largely because we, the students of Northwestern, are some of their biggest costumers. More stores than you would think have a student or Wildcard discount.

The problem? Often times these discounts are not advertised. If you’re not careful you could miss out on some of the best deals Hevanston has to offer! Check out a few of these deals next time you hit downtown and remember to always ask about a Wildcard discount! It won’t hurt!

Grub: Evanston is full of good eats. Especially when you run up a high tab at a group outing make sure you ask about some discounts!- You won’t know about these right away

• Bat 17 10 % off for students
  • Panera 10 % off for students
  • Flat top- Special Student Fee for a Stir-fry
  • Whole Foods– Special deals at different times- in October they had 10 percent off for students for the entire month! Be on the lookout for more deals to come!
  • Cozy -Student discount Thursday-Sunday only

Fit: Working out at some of Evanston’s trendiest gyms can add up quickly. But don’t let the price steer you away from staying in shape! Research the gyms before you go and ask about these special membership plans!

• Fit Girl- Recently they had NU Student Appreciation day and free classes on Halloween! There’s a 20 % off membership fee for students and if you call they sometimes do free classes for big groups like sororities.
  • Down Dog Yoga – The first week is free and 10% discount after the first week,
  • EAC- Students do not pay the sign up fee of $150 and the membership fee is discounted.

Shop: Get out your stress over the last midterm with some much needed retail therapy. And with these discounts you won’t feel as guilty spending some extra cash.

• Envy -20% Off your First Purchase, 10% Off Your Purchase of $25 or More
  • American Apparel 10% off purchase of $25 or more
  • Gigi Bottega– 10 % off 2 items or more
  • Urban Outfitters– No wildcard discount but look out for “college night” when the whole store is discounted for local college students
  • Francesca’s -20 % off

Treat: Reward your week of hard work with a sweet treat that won’t cost you too much.

• Red Mango – 10 %
  • Forever Yogurt– 5%

Style: Go for a girls day out and pamper yourself with these beauty deals.

• Bien Asorti reduced manicure pedicure price
  • Asha Salon-30 % Monday-Thursday before 5pm
  • Ergo Salon – 10 % off, 30 % for your first visit

Gear: Stock up on your winter and outdoor gear with these deals! Especially for winter coats, which can be an expensive purchase, these deals help out a ton!

• Uncle Dan’s– 10 %
  • North Face– 10%