This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Everyone tells you to eat local, so why not drink local too? Make sure to try these local favorites the next time you put your ID to good use.  

Found Kitchen and Social House:

Grab a seat at the bar or cozy up on a couch like you’re in your own living room at Found. The atmosphere is rustic, relaxed, quirky and inspired by 1920s Bohemian Paris and the Beat Generation. The bar is stocked with local neighborhood labels like North Shore Distillery and F.E.W. Spirits. Try one of their unique cocktails, such as A Clockwork Orange (bourbon, rooibos syrup, and orange bitters) or The Babbling Brooke (Northshore No.6 Gin, St. Germain, and lime), or order a local draught beer.

www.foundkitchen.com

1631 Chicago Avenue

Farmhouse:

Well-known for its amazing food, Farmhouse also has a great bar. Like Found, the bar is stocked with local beer, wine, and spirits that change seasonally. If you love whiskey as much as I do, order their Old Fashioned – it’s my favorite.

www.farmhouseevanston.com

703 church street

Temperance Beer Company:

Forget WOB and go to Evanston’s local beer company. You can order in any food (they have menus from local restaurants behind the bar) or order snacks at the bar from Peckish Pig, Bee’s Kness and Popcorn Asylum. Temperance has beers offered year-round, like Gatcrasher (English IPA), or amazing limited editions like Might Meets Right, which were Manhattan and Boulevardier barrel aged imperial stouts (so. good.). This is a great place to grab a beer in the spring or summer and sit outside in the beer garden.

www.temperancebeer.com

2000 Dempster Street

Bangers & Lace:

The Keg may have passed, but Bangers & Lace is a great replacement with a wide selection of craft beer, exposed brick walls, amazing sausages and lots of flannel. Although the beers aren’t all from the area, you’re so comfortable there you can’t not feel like you’re in a local bar.

www.bangersandlacebar.com

810 Grove Street