What to Wear to the Unity Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Photo via UNITY

This week, STITCH and UNITY are hosting what is sure to be one of the most glamorous weeks of this year: NU Fashion Week! The week has featured some great events so far including a speaker panel and hair and makeup tutorial. Most importantly, the week will end with the UNITY Charity Fashion Show, which will donate all it’s proceeds to this year’s charity, No Stigmas.

The show, which features clothing from local shops and designers, is sure to showcase some top-notch fashion. All eyes will be on the runway as student models strut their stuff in some of this year’s hottest looks. But not everything is about the fashion on stagehalf of the fun of going to a fashion show is dressing up to show off your own personal style! 

Check out our HC picks for three awesome looks to rock at this year’s Unity Fashion Show.

1. Leather Shorts

Shorts | Blouse | Shoes | Necklace 1 | Necklace 2 | Purse | Bangles

For a chic look try some high-waisted leather shorts with strappy heels and layered jewlery. The girlyness of the shirt next to the boldness of the leather shorts makes for a great combination. A bright bag will give you pop of color and a feminine touch.  If you don’t have some leather shorts, get some. They’re a great style hack for any season since they look great over tights or with a cute crop top in the summer.

2. Bold Springy Maxi

Maxi | Shoes | Blazer | Necklace

This bold maxi with strappy wedges and a pastel blazer screams spring. It’s a perfect way to make a statement but also stay comfrotable as you watch the show!

3. High-Low Skirt

Skirt | Crop Top | Jacket | Bag | Shoes | Scarf

The combination of these bold colors, makes for the perfect color-block lock. The high-low skirt is a great way to dress up the typical crop top/high waisted skirt combo, espeically with these great shoes! Brighten up your more neutral colors with this bright bag for an unexpected accent!