person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

What to Eat at Coachella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Weekend One of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is in the books, and the world has seen no shortage of coverage on the event. From Beyoncé’s jaw-dropping performance to overwhelming updates on unique celebrity style, the internet has seen it all.

Almost.

There are articles telling you where to stay, what to wear and who to see, but at a festival with a restaurant lineup almost as exciting as the performance list, they’re overlooking one of the best parts of any music festival: food.

So, without further ado, here are the tastiest, most Instagrammable, can’t-miss meals to try at Coachella.

Breakfast:

You have a long day of music ahead, so be sure to start your day with superfoods. Juice Crafters, famous for their cold-pressed juices, is selling their refreshing juices, smoothies and bowls all day.

Photo Credit: HappyCow

Then, once you’ve gotten your fruity fill, trek on over to the Indio Central Market for a cold brew from Go Get Em Tiger. You’ll want the caffeine kick to get through the busy weekend.

Lunch:

Once lunchtime rolls around, you’ll be ravenous from cheering on your favorite artists, and standing in the hot California sun.

If you’re feeling something filling, head on to the Craft Beer Barn and grab a big juicy burger from Eureka!

Photo Credit: LA Eater

Vegan? No worries – try out Cena Vegan, for delicious burritos, tacos and nachos. Or, try Ramen Hood for a tasty bowl of vegan noodles.

Dinner:

As the sun goes down, you’ll probably be feeling worn down. But the festival is far from over. Head back to the Craft Beer Barn for a giant slice of drool-worthy mac and cheese pizza at Pizzanistas.

Photo Credit: LA Weekly

Or, if you’re taking the healthier route, hit up Sweetfin Poke for a spicy tuna bowl.

Dessert:

If you have a sweet tooth like me, dessert is the most important “meal” of the day. And Coachella’s dessert selection definitely does not fall short. From s’mores at Mallow Mallow, to ice cream tacos at Sweet Rolled Tacos, charcoal ice cream cones at Little Damage and numerous vegan ice cream vendors, you truly can’t lose in the dessert department. Photo Credit: @coachella instagram

So, if you’re heading to Coachella this weekend, be sure to arrive with an empty stomach, ready to eat your way through the Indio Valley. Your taste buds and Insta feed will thank you later!