What Does Your Astrological Sign ACTUALLY Mean?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Image from: Here

If you’re like most people, you know your astrological sign but not much about it. There are stories behind the constellations present in the sky when we are born and from these stories we get meanings behind our personality. They say that your astrological sign determines how you act and how you feel. While not always true, it’s nice to see what does correlate with one’s life. Read below for key traits and meanings behind your astrological sign.

If you’re an Aries (March 21-April 19)

Independent, Optimistic, Courageous

The first sign of the zodiac signs, Aries are a self-oriented sign. They tend to be talkative and vibrant people that leave impressions on all they meet. Aries are adventurous and natural leaders. Aries are impulsive, however, and sometimes don’t speak before they act or speak.  

If you’re a Taurus (April 20-May20)

Loyal, Patient, Generous

Taurus men and women are very persistent, when others give up Taurus rage on. They are well known for being stubborn and conflicting with other strong characters.  Taurus are used to a routine and hate change. They are the masters of procrastination and they are down to earth and don’t do well with over the top things.

If you’re a Gemini (May 21-June 20)

Clever, Energetic, Adaptable

A Gemini is many sided; they are full of energy and very intelligent. They are curious and want to investigate the world around them, then dive in and get involved.  Gemini are social butterflies, they have original thoughts and ideas but also have all the juicy gossip. The biggest fear for a Gemini is boredom.

If you’re a Cancer (June 21-July 22)

Adaptable, Responsive, Caring

Cancer is the most mysterious and contradictory sign. They can be driving and forceful but other times hide behind a calm and cool exterior. Like the crab that is their sign, they can come out of their shell or hide in it.  They are sensate and if they get hurt, they tend to sulk instead of confronting the problem.  However, Cancer is observant and they can read people well.

If you’re a Leo (July 23-August 22)

Confident, Brave, Ambitious   

Leos are sensitive but hide it well. They thrive on praise and flattery, which can lead to self-centeredness but their warm heart, keeps them centered.  A Leo wants to feel like they have accomplished something at the end of the day. They are no impulsive and look to the future for the consequences of their actions.

If you’re a Virgo (August 23-September 22)

Helpful, Precise, Reliable

Virgos present themselves with a collected exterior, but inside their minds are racing with analytical thoughts. Their driving force is to improve and perfect aspects of their life. This being a perfectionist can be a good thing, it can lead to pickiness and being too finicky.

If you’re a Libra (September 23-October 22)

Graceful, Diplomatic, Idealistic

Being the diplomat of the zodiac, they can see things from other people’s point of view. They want to make things balanced in their life and those around them. Libras are charming and great listeners which makes people drawn to them. It is easy to overlook how smart a Libra is, but they express their intelligence through creativity.

If you’re a Scorpio (October 23-November 21)

Passionate, Dynamic, Resourceful

Scorpios are extreme and intense. They are deep, intense people who hide beneath a detached exterior, but are really passionate people. Scorpios always try to delve deep into every detail they can find out. They are aware of games people play and avoid them, but people that they respect are treated with the highest amount of kindness and loyalty. On the outside they seem secretive and mysterious but only until you get to know them.

If you’re a Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

Independent, Optimistic, Jovial

Guided by luck, good things seem to happen to Sagittarius on a regular basis. Because of this they are always optimistic about good things happening the next day. They are always looking to the future and never dwell on the past. They sometimes jump at the idea of something new without weighing the consequences.

If you’re a Capricorn (December 22-January 19)

Responsible, Practical, Humorous

Capricorns are ambitious people; they want their life to be fulfilled and important.  They do not like when they do not understand something, it makes them uncomfortable.  They will accept change but only in small amounts and gradually over time.  When in a romantic relationship they tend to be in control over a vulnerable person.

If you’re an Aquarius (January 20-February 18)

Humanitarian, Witty, Original

Aquarius is the sign of intellectual independence and visionaries. They are people who don’t always follow the crowd, but they are also filled with paradoxes. Social butterflies but also like their alone time, they like to experience both sides of things. Aquarius is a master at manipulation, which could hurt people, but it is never their intention.

If you’re a Pisces (February 19-March 20)

Compassionate, Accepting, Devoted

Pisces is the sign of the unknown. They are very good at understanding people, and trust their gut feelings more so that others. Pisces tend to have a very spiritual mind and try to interpret what they see in this spiritual way. They are not pushovers and will stand up for what they believe in. They are the most sensitive of the zodiac signs.