This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Six Flags Great America: Fright Fest

Six Flags’ annual Fright Fest is the place to be if you’re an adrenaline junky. If you’re in the mood for pulse-pounding coasters and a little bit of terror, you have to check it out! Warning: it’s known to be a bit creepy – they take Halloween very seriously. Be prepared to be spooked.

Dates: Select Days September 24 – October 31

Location: Gurnee, IL

Price: Daily Admission is $46.99. Save up to $25 when you a buy a ticket online and at least one day in advance!

Lincoln Park Zoo Fall Fest

What better way to celebrate fall than by carving pumpkins and getting to see adorable animals? Lincoln Park Zoo sponsors fall-themed activities every weekend. Festival goers will be able to attend animal chats, go through a corn maze, and even ride a Ferris wheel!  

Dates: Fridays-Sundays all through October

Location: Lincoln Park Zoo

Price: Free!

Andersonville Desert Crawl

Check out Chicago’s best pastries as local eateries show off their sweet creations. Event goers will get to choose one of two routes – the Candy Corn route or the Carmel Apple route – and proceed to all of the designated locations to taste a sample sized portion of various delicious treats. Sign us up!

Dates: October 30, 2-5 p.m.

Location: Andersonville, IL

Price: $25 per ticket, $30 after October 27 – you can buy tickets HERE!

Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm Pumpkin Festival

Check out Siegel Cottonwood’s annual Farm Pumpkin festival to explore a 15-acre corn maze and check out 30 plus family friendly attractions! From hay rides to paintball, this farm is the place for all of your favorite fall activities. Think about all the cute pics…

Dates: All through October

Location: Lockport, IL

Price: $11.95 Weekdays, $14.95 Weekends