The Ultimate Netflix List For While You Chill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.
Netflix and Chill has taken over the Internet, but what exactly do you watch on Netflix while you chill? Whether you are hanging with the bae or just need some down time between study sessions, these shows and movies are a perfect break from work and don’t require a lot of brainpower to stay entertained.  From stand-up, to romantic comedy to the classics, these options are all so fetch.

1. The Office

It’s a classic and so freakin’ hilarious. It will give you a good laugh when you need to de-stress!

2. Bob’s Burgers

This relatively new show has short episodes, which is awesome when you don’t want to commit to an hour-long show. Plus, there’s hilarious immature humor. But who doesn’t like jokes about butts?

3. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This sitcom is not only entertaining, but there are also ten seasons. Once you’re hooked you have tons of episodes to go through — and two more seasons are on the way.

4. That 70s Show

Young Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis tag-team it in a funny show based on the 1970s. It’s super relatable and has tons of really funny lines.

5. Family Guy

The dirty humor is something that can be appealing to those who aren’t so into chick flicks or action movies. The characters all have their quirks and it pokes fun at all different kinds of situations.

6. 30 Rock

Tina Fey absolutely kills it in this show. It’s a must watch for anyone who’s a fan of hers!

7. Parks and Recreation

Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman are funny on their own, but when you pair them with Aziz Ansari you get a very addictive show. 

8. The Walking Dead

Not into comedy? Jump into the zombie apocalypse with “The Walking Dead” and get some drama thrown in.

9. Portlandia

Quirky and cute, Portlandia is great because it’s episodes don’t need to be watched in order. The comedic duo work together in perfect harmony as a variety of characters in Portland, Oregon.

10. Scrubs

Like “Grey’s Anatomy” for it’s setting in the hospital, but want some more humor? Scrubs is a classic doctor comedy that sneaks in some sentimental and serious moments as well.

11. Weeds

After her husband dies, a single mom starts growing and selling weed. Suddenly, she’s a major contender in the pot-growing business. Conflict ensues.

12. Psych

Mystery, police cases and some good old psychology in short episodes with some humor thrown in.

13. Louie

Louie C.K. brings his comedy act to a show setting.

14. Wet Hot American Summer

If you loved the movie, the T.V. show just came out recently! Otherwise, check out the movie because it is sure to make you laugh. 

15. New Girl

Even though it’s a bit of a rom-com or chick-flick-type show, “New Girl” can appeal to all ages and genders. Zooey Deschanel’s quirky personality is sweet and personable in her interactions with her four other roommates.

16. Django Unchained

“Django” is full of sex, violence and funny moments. It’s a wildly entertaining movie, and doesn’t require a lot of paying attention.

17. Mean Girls

Almost everyone has seen this cult classic and can quote several lines. It’s perfect to have on in the background or to revisit when you need a break from work!

18. How I Met Your Mother

Based around a character outlining the story of how he met his wife, this show is cute and funny and has great actors like Neil Patrick Harris.

19. Adventureland

Based in a theme park, Adventureland is a great movie with a popular cast and an all-around likeable plot.

20. Zoolander

This movie is so hilarious for people who like dumb but hilarious humor. 

21. Friends

Wildly popular and widely viewed, Friends has great, funny interactions and tons of episodes to watch.

22. Orange Is the New Black

The Netflix original series has boomed with popularity, and for good reason.