This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

With Thanksgiving now in the books, many of us are shifting to focus on the next annual task to tackle: shopping for holiday gifts. Here come the numerous sales that promise to help you find everything you need for those special ones in your life. Feeling stuck on what to buy your friends and family? Here are a few suggestions based on their various interests!

For the accessory lovers…

Look no further than Lola Ade. This Black-owned brand offers earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings and more. You’ll find something for the friend that expertly finds small pieces to match their outfits. Whether they want a glamorous piece to make a big splash or something unique and minimalistic, they’ll love these amazingly cute accessories.  My personal favorite from this brand is the style “Ikeja Hoops,” which you can find here.

For the beauty queens…

Try the Holiday Faves Trio from Mented Cosmetics! It packages a trio of the top-selling shades the brand offers (Pretty in Pink, Nude La La and Dope Taupe) that make a perfect gift for your makeup-loving friend. I love that this brand is Black owned and the products are formulated with women of color in mind so that they are pigmented to match skin tones. They also have a shade finder on the website to help navigate buying!

For the fashion forward friends…

This Relaxed Jacquard Sweater from Mauby is a great addition for your stylish friend’s closet. Aside from the cute print, it has a drop shoulder which is a sweater trend I absolutely love. It’s relaxed and soft, guaranteeing comfort while still looking put together. It’s truly the best of both worlds, much like the rest of the brand’s pieces. The brand also gives back to foundations supporting women and children, with focuses on homelessness, domestic violence and education. 

For the master chefs…

They may have everything they need in the kitchen to make a fantastic meal, but what about something to personalize things a little bit? This personalized kitchen sign is the perfect addition for the one that already has everything practical. A meaningful sign from a friend is just the thing to add a little more fun to their cooking experience. 

For the first-time apartment renter… 

Give your friend a little piece of you (and their other loved ones) to keep in their new space. A hanging photo display like this is a great way for them to add some mementos to their solo space while also spicing up their decor. I love that there’s a range of primary colors to choose from, so you can be sure to buy one that will match well with their theme. 

I hope these gift ideas have helped ease some of the stress of your purchase decisions. Above all, whatever you choose to give them this holiday season will mean the most because of the thought and care behind the item. Happy holiday shopping!

Harlym Pike

Northwestern '22

Harlym Pike is a senior from Charlotte, North Carolina studying psychology, sociology, and theatre at Northwestern. In her free time, she loves to perform with her a cappella group, create content, and spend time with friends.