Types of People You Meet at the Bar as Described by Cocktails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

1. Gin and Tonic

This person is mysterious and cool, dressed in casual but classy attire and brooding over the peasants drinking vodka and tequila, as gin drinkers are far superior but are much too polite to say so out loud.

2. Vodka Soda

Sammy Adams said it first in the 2016 jam All Night Longer, “everybody knows white girls drink vodka sodas.” These ladies are dressed to impress and know how to get down and dance like nobody’s watching.

3. Beer

This person doesn’t take themselves too seriously and is just here to have a good time. Think a typical “bro” persona, but add a fedora and a plaid shirt if the beer is imported and no one’s ever heard of it.

4. Martini

Think Sex and the City vibes – this lady or gentleman is classy as can be and is inevitably perched on the end of their stool sipping casually and occasionally smiling over the rim of their glass. Also friendly with gin and tonic drinkers.

5. Tequila shots

This person isn’t hard to find, because they are LOUD. They’re here for a good time not for a long time and are probably already passed out in a cab on their way home for the night.

Images Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Katrina Hicks

Northwestern '19

.