Treat Yourself – Valentine’s Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Looking to treat yo self amongst midterms and papers this Valentine’s Day? We’ve accumulated some great deals for relaxing treatments to help pamper yourself this Valentine’s Day – only date required is yourself.

1.Lavender Signature Massage at Body in Balance Spa

This massage infuses lavender scents and oils to help sooth away stress as well as a lavender scrub infusion for feet. A perfect way to melt away stress and treat yourself this Valentine’s Day! Flash your Wildcard at Body in Balance for 20% off any full price service. Call the spa in advance to book your appointment. Stop by Creperie St. Germain on the walk back to enjoy a crepe for an added sweet bonus. Use your Wildcard there for 10% off as well!

Body in Balance Spa

820 Dempster St.

Evanston,IL 60201

Monday-Saturday 9- 6 pm

(847) 962-1324 

2. Manicure and Pedicure at Tres Bien Nails

Escape Evanston for a day to really treat yourself! Take the Purple Line to Lincoln Park to Tres Bien Nails for a peaceful escape. Bring your friends for doughnuts (Glazed & Infused) or cupcakes (Sweet Mandy B’s) and stroll around Lincoln Park for some additional treat-your-self shopping. Try to make it on Wednesday for $35 manicures. Use your Student ID also for an additional 10% off! Walk ins welcome, but for faster service call ahead for appointments.

Tres Bien Nails

922 W Armitage Ave

Chicago, IL 60614

(773) 404-2511

3. DIY Spa Night with Friends

Too tired to go outside this Valentine’s Day? Call up your friends and invite them over for a DIY Spa Night! First, start with Face Masks from Sephora – choose from eight different types of masks to suit your pampering needs. Next, prepare your nails for first class treatment. Either stop by your local drug store to purchase some colors – like Bachelorette Bash and Madison Ave-Hue from CVS- or ask your friends to bring their favorites and swap. Light some candles, order in some take out and enjoy the night with your friends.

No matter what your plans are this Valentine’s, remember to take some much-needed time for yourself. Whether celebrating with friends, family or significant others, Valentine’s Day is a perfect day to celebrate the love in your life. We hope you enjoy this weekend and share an extra little bit of love this Valentine’s.

image source: https://gretchenrubin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/treat-yo-self.jpg

Hayley is a sophomore at Northwestern University. She currently is studying Psychology, German and Marketing. She loves peach tea, pajama sets and colorful socks. You can catch her at the library, drinking tea, listening to Christmas songs way before Thanksgiving. She currently has a Taylor Swift poster hanging above her bed with twinkly lights around it and considers it one of her biggest accomplishments.