Top Five Evanston Brunch Spots For Your Spring Weekends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Now that spring has finally sprung, there is no better way to spend a weekend than brunch at one of Evanston’s bustling locations. Here are five of the best places to check out this spring.

Clarke’s

Clarke’s is an Evanston classic. The diner is always packed with locals and visitors alike. Located just a block away from campus on Clark Street, it is accessible and not too expensive for students. It offers a wide array of breakfast favorites from pancakes to omelets. Beyond breakfast, it has lunch options as well such as burgers and salads. Clarke’s is a great place to start for brunch lovers.

Walker Bros.

Walker Bros. is another favorite of Northwestern students. While it is a short 2-mile car ride to Wilmette, many students still find themselves making the trek on weekend morning. The line is always out the door, but it is worth the wait for the famous Walker Bros. pancakes. It offers every pancake imaginable from traditional buttermilk to innovative bacon pancakes. For those who may not be the biggest pancake fans, Walker Bros. offers a variety of other options such as waffles, French toast and a variety of eggs. During your time in Evanston, Walker Bros. is a must try!

Le Peep

Le Peep is another traditional brunch-style restaurant located on Church Street. Le Peep encompasses many breakfast and lunch favorites. My personal favorite is the variety of egg options such as many variations of eggs benedict and different skillet eggs. Le Peep is a great place to spend your Sunday morning before a day in the city.

Cupitol

Cupitol is my personal favorite. The make-shift coffee shop offers a variety of ambiances throughout the day. In the morning, however, it creates the feel of a typical brunch restaurant. Located a bit farther from campus on Grove Street, students often make the trek on weekends or in the evenings for Cupitol’s dinner options. Like the others, Cupitol offers a variety of breakfast options, known for its breakfast sandwiches. Additionally, the restaurant offers a much wider array of coffees, juices, smoothies and pastries. It is the perfect balance between a restaurant and coffee shop.

Frida’s

Finally, Frida’s is an up-and-coming spot located on Church Street. The restaurant recently opened during winter quarter and has been growing in popularity ever since. Frida’s offers the most comprehensive menu of all, covering every breakfast and lunch food imaginable. Another perk is Frida’s offers crepes, a brunch favorite for many. While it may not be as well-known as other spots, Frida’s is definitely a must-try