Top 10 Last-Minute Costumes for the Lazy College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

It’s October 30, you’re sitting in your room, finally feeling like you have a moment to relax after a hectic week of midterms and papers, when suddenly it dawns on you that tomorrow is Halloween—sound familiar?

If you don’t have enough time to go out and get a costume together, or rather don’t have enough cash in your already limited college budget to go buy something creative, it’s easy to find costumes within your own closet or the closets of your friends.

1.     Regina George

What you need: A black skirt, white tank top, heels, and a colorful bra (preferably purple—not only because this is the color of the bra Regina George wears in the movie Mean Girls, but also because it couldn’t hurt to show off your purple pride).

Cut holes over the breast region of your old white tank top, put it over the bra, and in combination with the other clothing items, voila, you’re Regina George.

www.fanpop.com

2.     Tourist

What you need: Long shorts, high socks, sneakers, T-shirt from any vacation spot, bucket hat, white sunscreen, and a fanny pack. Pair all these items together, and smear white sunscreen (or lotion) across your nose and cheeks to give off the illusion of an overly excited tourist

3.     Biker Chick

What you need: Leather jacket, jean shorts, black combat boots, white tank, and a bandana for your hair—super simple, but still super badass.

4.     Greek Goddess

What you need: A white sheet tied up into the form of a toga (See here for how to fold: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Toga-out-of-a-Bedsheet). Add a gold or shiny headband around your head to top off the look!

5.     Equestrian Rider

What you need: A blazer, leggings, and riding boots. Perhaps scavenge your dorm or friends apartments for a stuffed horse animal to carry around with you. Aside from the stuffed animal, there should be no trouble in finding any of these items, as these riding-esque clothes are of an overwhelming presence on campus. 

www.costumecraze.com

6.     Tween at a slumber party

What you need: Any pajamas you choose, and a pair of fun slippers. Put your hair up in pigtails and carry around a teddy bear to really add to the “tween” aspect of the outfit. This costume really is a win-win—you get to go out and participate in Halloween, but still can crawl immediately back into bed as soon as you arrive back to your room.

7.     Tom Cruise from Risky Business

What you need: Large white button down (courtesy of the cute boy down the hall), boy shorts or spandex, and high socks. Just be sure to that the socks are ones you are okay to ruin, because let’s be honest, after a night of open exposure to the floors of frat houses, you won’t want to be wearing them again.

www.wonderhowto.com

8.     Miley Cyrus

What you need: A leotard, or if you do not have a leotard you can make do with a nude tank top and short shorts, a foam finger (found at any bookstore around campus), and hair ties so you can pull your hair back into the ever-so-infamous buns on either side of your head. To be honest, you could wear just about anything as long as you have the buns in you hair, and it will be a dead give away as to who you are dressed up as.

9.  Censor-bar girl

What you need: Confidence is the initial necessity for this costume. If you have that covered, you need a pair of jeans, a nude bra, and black construction paper. Tape the black construction paper to the front of your nude bra, and you are officially CENSORED.

10. Trashy

What you need: Alright—I know that “trashy” may encompass the vast majority of costumes this Halloween, but if you want to truly epitomize trashy, wear a black trash bag over your body. Use duct tape to tape and hold the bag in the form of a cute dress. You’ll look adorable and witty.

www.toxel.com