The Three Hottest Trends in Spring Formal Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Somehow, it’s already May. Along with all the awesome things that this month brings–beach weather, Dillo Day, outdoor runs–it also marks the beginning of spring formal season! Here are the three hottest dress trends that will make you look as hot as Chicago in July. 

1. The LWD–Little White Dress! Say goodbye to your precious LBD, your safe choice for events throughout the winter, and rock a white hue while you can! It’s as classic as black but much more appropriate for the season.

For Love & Lemons Dress- Lulu Mesh

Vix Cutout Bodycon Dress

2. Cutouts! Show off your toned bod that you worked so hard to get before spring break in a cut-out dress. Choose a form-fitting bodycon style to accentuate your curves, or pick a skater dress that highlights your waist before flowing out at your hips.

Snippet Combo Dress

Naven Vixen Skater Dress

3. Lace! Lace is timeless, romantic, and elegant. Pick a form-fitting style or incorporate two trends in a lace cut-out dress so your look isn’t too old-fashioned.

Olive and Oak Dress – Lace

Space Lace Dress

Olivia Bahou

Northwestern

Liv is a junior majoring in journalism at Northwestern University who hopes to pursue a career in magazine writing. Her interest include fashion, Pure Barre, Chai tea lattes, professional tennis and anything related to Italy, where she studied abroad. She loves being the CC for Her Campus Northwestern and looks forward to what the future has in store!