This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Coffee Lab 910 Noyes Street 

Coffee Lab is probably where I spend most of my time. You can always find me here in the morning, when it is easier to grab a seat. Coffee Lab is quaint and homey, with delicious homemade pastries and creative coffees. I always order a Mocha with almond milk and their Ham and Egg Breakfast Bun, which are both AMAZING. Located right across the street from D&D’s, Coffee Lab is perfect for North Campus residents who do not feel like walking all the way to downtown Evanston. 

Colectivo Coffee 716 Church Street

Colectivo is wonderful if you want lots of options. I love their Berry Blast smoothie, and they also have great egg sandwiches if you are looking for a heartier meal. Colectivo is free-spirited and comforting, with a great outdoor patio for the warmer months. It can get pretty crowded, but it is great if you need to run to Target after your pick-me-up. 

Newport Coffeehouse 622 Davis Street

Newport is the definition of sleek and refined. Their all-white interior is gorgeous and their pastries are displayed beautifully. The seating is more attractive than it is functional, with clear plastic chairs that enhance the aesthetic. If there are no seats available when you arrive, you are probably out of luck because Newport’s patrons tend to sit, sip, and stay awhile. However, their coffee is gourmet and DELICIOUS, so it might be worth it to grab and go. 

Peet’s Coffee 1622 Chicago Avenue 

Peet’s is conveniently located a few blocks south of the Weber Arch, so it’s perfect if you want to run and grab coffee between your South Campus classes. To be honest, I have not tried as much here, however, I love that you can look out the windows at their long tables and people watch. 

Starbucks (Sherman and Clark) 1734 Sherman Avenue 

This is probably my favorite Starbucks location ever. Every time I go, the employees are genuinely so kind and friendly. Plus, they are almost never sold out of items, so you can truly order whatever your heart desires. It does get fairly crowded, but I am usually able to grab a seat. I always use the Starbucks app to pre-order, and I get the Peppermint Mocha with almond milk and the Ham & Swiss Croissant. Delicious! 

Evelyn Mulchrone

Northwestern '25

Evelyn is a journalism major and theatre minor at Northwestern University from Chicago’s South Loop. She loves going out to restaurants, taking spin classes, reading novels and indulging in her sweet tooth. When she is not busy with schoolwork and HerCampus, you can find her going for a lakeside walk, performing in a musical, reading, or spending time de-stressing with her sorority sisters!