jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sheridan’s Street Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

This week’s weather certainly gave everyone in Evanston whiplash with it’s mood swings. Monday was in the 40s and 50s, while Tuesday and Wednesday were in the 60s and 70s, leaving Northwestern women dazed and confused. Some women were brave and threw on dresses regardless of the wind from the lake and others went for the classic jeans and boots. Regardless of their personal aesthetic, everyone was sporting fall colors with variations of gray and black. Leather and boots definitely dominated the streets and here are a few Northwestern women who wore fall best:

Name: Samantha Milstein

Year: Freshman

Major: Undecided

Wearing: Urban Outfitters Dress and Topshop Jacket 

Favorite Fall Trend: Turtlenecks 

Milstein’s look was perfect for Monday. Although temperatures were pretty high and we were having flashbacks of summer, Milstein opted for a light weight fall-esq dress paired with a black leather jacket and short booties. This jacket will also be perfect with a turtleneck once temperatures return to normal for fall in Evanston.

Name: Joy 

Year: master’s student 

Wearing: Madewell Sweater, Tory Burch Shoes and Proenza Schouler Bag

Joy, a master’s student at Northwestern, wore a chic yet conservative fall outfit. Her taupe on-trend bag helped to pull her look together. Even though it’s November, Joy rocked her summery espadrille shoes one last time.

Name: Jessica Leader

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology

Wearing: Theory Sneakers, Frame Jeans, Velvet by Graham and Spencer Turtleneck and Zara Jacket 

Favorite Fall Trend: Velvet 

Senior Jessica Leader, is seen wearing stylish Theory sneakers and a perfect collection of gray and black. Her simple, yet stylish look is an easy go-to for an early morning class. Next time you can’t decide what to wear, remember you’re always safe with a turtleneck and staple jacket. After all, there’s beauty in simplicity.