Registration Woes? See Our Picks for Best Classes at NU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Is Caesar giving you stress?  Stop mindlessly scrolling through Northwestern’s horrifically-designed class registration website, and ask HC Northwestern! Members of our staff pick their favorite classes and professors at NU. Keep reading and start creating that dream schedule!

Intro to Psych with Eli Finkel

“Eli is the bomb, he’s hilarious and makes you want to go to lecture! It’s only based on 3 midterm exams, which are not cumulative.”

Intensive Italian with Alessandra Visconti

“You learn so much! Professor Visconti is also a very nice grader and you barely get homework. Not many people take the class either so you get individual attention and help.”

Journalism 201-1 Lab with Mark Brandau

“Professor Brandau is so nice and so helpful! He makes this class bearable. Definitely the best lab teacher for this class.”

20th Century  American Literature with Nicholas Davis

“Nick is an engaging, hilarious, and caring professor, and he really makes these books come to life.”

Spanish 121-3 with Maria Reyes Moran Fuertes AKA Reyes

“Reyes is honestly the sweetest teacher I’ve ever had. Although the Spanish sequence isn’t the most compelling class ever, she’s so much fun and makes it enjoyable to come to class every day!”

Intro to American Government with Alvin Tillery

“The professor covers all the basics of government, and makes politics easy! Great way to fill a distribution requirement.”

American Religion 264 with Robert Orsi

“Professor Orsi is so awesome. He’s such a sweetheart and truly cares about each student. He is entertaining and makes religion and history so fascinating. This is SUCH a great class. Can’t wait to take the second part Winter quarter. He’s great.”

Environment and Society with Susan Thistle

“Are you all about going green? If you’re at all interested in global warming and the ways to protect the Earth, take this class! Just one quiz (which helps you practice for the midterm), a midterm, and then a choice of either a final paper or second midterm at the end of the class. Professor Thistle is great, extremely understanding, she facilitates great class discussions!”

Images

www.tumblr.com

www.scientas.nl

Emma Tyler

Northwestern