NU Competes For Most Stylish Campus With Stylitics + Her Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

I have a confession to make: I am obsessed with clothing, and I probably spend more time online shopping than I do reading for class. I try to wake up 20 minutes early every morning so I can sift through my closet and pick out the perfect outfit. Still, despite my frequent purchases, I usually end up wearing the exact same pieces that I wear every single week, just with a new jacket or a different pair of shoes. It’s obviously not from a lack of clothing – my (way too tiny) closet is overflowing, and I store extra clothes in every corner of my room – but I’ve realized that much of what I own goes untouched for long periods of time, and some pieces I’ve never worn before.

That’s where Stylitics comes in: a new site that enables us fashion addicts to catalogue our entire closets, Stylitics allows us to keep track of our purchases, creates a calendar for our outfit history, and figures out what specific articles of clothing we should wear based on the current weather. It helps us plan what to wear everyday and avoid repeating the same outfits again, so getting dressed turns out to be even more foolproof. Stylitics is like an assistant that tells you what you wore last week or if you haven’t touched a portion of your closet in months, and it makes it easier to recognize what pieces of clothing your closet is lacking.

Stylitics has partnered with Her Campus to launch a campaign to determine the most stylish campus and students in the nation. To participate, create a style profile at Stylitics.com, where you can present your style icons, recent purchases, and favorite pieces in your closet while earning points for your school by getting others to follow your profile. The campaign comes to an end on May 10th, where 5 schools will be picked as finalists to be voted on, and 50 students will receive a gift card and appear in a style lookbook on HerCampus.com.

It looks like it’ll take me awhile to enter my whole wardrobe, but I’ve already realized I wear a certain brown leather jacket a little too frequently…

What are you waiting for? Create your profile today and help make NU Stylitics and Her Campus’ most fashionable campus!!!

Images from stylitics.com

Casey Geraldo

Northwestern

Casey Geraldo is a junior at Northwestern University. She is journalism major, with a broadcast concentration, and a history minor.Casey coaches gymnastics, and in her spare time, she is usually babysitting, watching TV, eating candy and ice cream or spending time with the people she loves.Follow Casey on Twitter! @caseygeraldo