Northwestern HC Staff Winter Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Living in a city like Evanston is tough during this time of year, but don’t let the rain and snow stop you from staying warm and stylish at the same time. Here are some of our tried-and-true winter picks the Northwestern HC staff has been loving! Perhaps you could take our word and add some of these to your shopping list ideas. 

“Right now I’m absolutely loving my polka dot J.Crew sweater. It’s fun and bright but it still keeps it classy for brunch or school.  Not to mention it’s super soft and it keeps me warm! 

Also, I just got these amazing Cole Haan brown leather boots. They’ve been perfect for the cold weather and they have these adorable straps across the ankle. Essentially, I’m loving anything that keeps me warm, comfy and put together all at the same time.”

–       Maya Voelk, staff writer

“I’m in love with my Madewell Archive Boots in English Saddle. They go with everything, they’re super comfortable, and they never go out of style!”

–       Liv Bahou, staff writer

“My black wedge booties! I love these because they are so multi-purpose. I can wear them to class (if the ground isn’t crazy icy) and dress them down with a pair of jeans or I can pair them with a cute dress and tights and be ready to go out. They’re a cute way to add a little subtle pizzazz to any outfit. I also love that they’re wedges because it makes them way less painful and not so treacherous!”

–       Amanda Oppold, Campus Correspondent

“This Forever 21 sweater is so fun and can just as easily be paired with jeans and combat boots for a stylish daytime look or worn with leggings, cute heels, and possibly a blazer for a stylish night out! Gorgeous!”

–       Jorie Goins, staff writer

American Apparel winter leggings are amazing.  I practically live in them during the winter!”

–       Kylie Gilbert, Campus Correspondent

J. Crew Darby leather loafers. Hello, hot pink leather! These would add a perfect pop of color to a standard sweater-and-skinnies combo, and they are super comfortable for walking across campus.”

–       Andrea Park, staff writer