The Next Big Evanston Restaurant: JT’s Bar & Grill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

JT’s Bar & Grill hosted its grand opening this past weekend in downtown Evanston, greeting passersby with their slogan, “Just great food.” JT’s might have to amend that claim. Not only is the food great here, but so are the service and the atmosphere! Joining fellow new-restaurant-on-the-block, Cheesies (link: http://www.hercampus.com/school/northwestern/cheesies-opens-big-evanston), JT’s will appeal to the late-night college crowd- they’re open from 7 am until 3 am all week long.

The menu at JT’s is diverse, offering up everything from spinach-artichoke dip with pita bread to breakfast served all day long. The menu features 10 types of unique burgers, including their Chorizo and Gyro options. Definitely appealing to the demographic of Evanston’s college students, the prices at JT’s are incredibly reasonable. Prices average five to 10 dollars, but the real winner on the menu is an order of eight silver-dollar pancakes for only $3.99! The pancakes come with real maple syrup, chocolate chips and are all-around delicious.

Service was fast and friendly at JT’s. Our server, Andrew, was friendly and courteous and kept my roommate and I with full glasses of water in hand and plenty to eat. We received our food within less than 10 minutes of ordering, and enjoyed great conversation in their well-lit, well-decorated dining space. In true sports bar fashion, JT’s has several big-screen TVs tuned in to various sports and news networks, making it a great place to hang out with friends and watch the game.

JT’s Bar & Grill is an inviting addition to the downtown Evanston dining scene. Appealing to students and the community alike, JT’s offers up yet another great late-night option.

Meg Orita

Northwestern

Meg Orita is a junior at Northwestern University, majoring in Voice/Opera performance and probably something else, too.Meg is currently studying abroad in Paris, France (!!!) and loving every minute of it.