Michael Deem ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Michael Deem
Nicknames: Mike, Deem, “tall kid” (he’s 6’6”)
Born: February, 1990
Relationship Status: Taken. Sorry, ladies

Dislikes: timed midterms that just test how quickly u can use your calculator, facebook updates, Sandra Bullock movies, guys who hit on girls who are clearly not interested, and when hotels don’t put shower heads high enough (if Shaq can’t fit under the showerhead, neither can the rest of us)

Likes: over sized stuff animals/furniture (like those bean bag chairs), 30rock, spuervo (sprite+cuervo), breakfast buffets, and peanut MnMs, Ironman

What makes a girl attractive?
I like slightly shorter, athletic girls with curves. I also have a thing for the underrated features like legs and lips. I’m a huge sucker for Mediterranean features too.

Why Northwestern?
It was the only place I could see myself waking up at and walking around for 4 years. It was where I was most confident and comfortable about doing those things.

Why HC loves Mike: Other than his Egyptian heritage and super engineer smarts, we love Mike because of his charm and ability to be friends with anyone. A bit of a goof at times, Mike is the perfect Campus Cutie and best guy friend. Plus he can reach all those top shelves and intimidate the creepy townies at the Keg for you.

Monica is a sophomore at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. She spent her early years growing up in a small town in Minnesota, but spent the last half of her life in Seoul, South Korea where she developed a city girl love for good food finds and fashion. Journalism has been a major part of her life, but she can also be found relaxing with a cup of coffee, watching movies, and spending time with loved ones. Though she has a tough exterior, Monica is actually a romantic who loves the power of words, the importance of strength in any endeavor, and who always wears her heart on her sleeve.