Here are two things I’ve concluded about this spring so far: 1) I have never thought the “April Showers” proverb was so accurate, and 2) I’ve found myself sarcastically saying, “we’re having such a nice winter this spring” far too often for my own good.
When the two combined to deliver a cold, rainy night, all I wanted was some warmth. And maybe some chocolate too. So what did I do? I took the long overdue plunge and made the satisfying warm, double-chocolatey goodness that is Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. They’re super easy to make, and if you’re feeling extra lazy (or extra sugar-crazed), they only require two ingredients.
So, May, here’s to you – I better see some flowers.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Make your favorite recipe or buy some of the premade stuff) [If you need a suggestion, here’s the staple Nestle Toll House]
Package of Oreos
- Place a spoonful of cookie dough on top of an Oreo.
- Shape the dough to the Oreo, pushing some of it to the sides.
- Place a second spoonful of cookie dough on the uncovered side of the Oreo, spreading the dough to make sure the sides are covered. When the Oreo is wrapped up in cookie dough, place on cookie sheet. Place each cookie about an inch apart (they don’t spread too much, but they might a bit).
- Repeat until you run out of cookie dough to cover the Oreos.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the tops of cookies are firm to the touch. (Time may vary, so pay close attention).