Meet Ski Trip Co-President: Hannah Brock!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Major: Learning and Organizational Change

Minor: BIP (Business Institutions Program)

Hometown: Scarsdale, New York

Age: 21

1. Why did you want to join the exec board of Ski Trip?

I joined the exec board of NU Ski Trip after attending the trip as a freshman. I had the absolute best time and wanted to help ensure that the trip continued to be the amazing experience it is for the rest of the NU community. 

2. When was the first time you ever went skiing? How was the experience? 

I have been skiing since I was a very little girl. My dad loves to ski and got my sister and I in skis almost from the time we were walking!

3. How is the resort/location chosen?

Every year the executive board goes over what was good about the previous trip and what we would like to change for the upcoming one. After that, we work with our contacts in the resorts to fly out to a few mountains that meet our criteria. While we are there, we ski and experience the resort just like we would on ski trip. It’s a great opportunity to see how the trip would actually be for all of our participants.

4. Why will this ski trip be better than the one last year?

This year, I would say our trip is going to be amazing simply because we have the best performer we’ve ever had with Soulja Boy. Also, Breckenridge, Colorado is actually a town, so there are things to do for everyone!

5. What are you really looking forward to doing on the ski trip?

Skiing! Ski trip is my big opportunity to go skiing every year and the conditions in Colorado really couldn’t be any better. 

6. Any other plans for winter break? 

Going back home to New York and sleeping… a lot. 

Ariana is a Los Angeles native who is obsessed with fashion, celebrities, music, and food. She is a journalism student in Medill at Northwestern University who enjoys reading fashion and entertainment blogs and magazines. Ariana's favorite things to do are travel, explore Los Angeles, discover new music groups, and of course watch Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Ariana loves writing and sharing her experiences with you and hopes you enjoy reading her stories.