Meet NU Homecoming King, Danny Callison!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.
In the depths of football season, we have one of the biggest events of the year that draws all the alumni back on campus — Homecoming! No matter how the ‘Cats are doing, NU students can’t resist the election of Homecoming Queen and King. This week’s Campus Cutie is our very own Homecoming King of 2016, Danny Callison.

Name: Danny Callison
Major: Economics and History
Hometown: Seattle, WA
What inspired your pursuit of becoming homecoming king? 
I love Northwestern and I’ve had a great experience here. I’ve met amazing people, had great professors, and had a lot of great opportunities here, and I thought running for homecoming king would be really fun

What surprised you most about the experience?
The most surprising part was the reaction from Iowa fans while walking around with the crown on. I heard somebody say “THAT’S Northwestern’s Homecoming King?” and I have never been happier in my life

Who was your biggest supporter?
My friends Dylan Mandelbaum and Eric Niemeyer as well as all of my fraternity (Sigma Nu). Dylan nominated me and posted his nomination on my Facebook wall, which got the ball rolling for nominations, and Eric helped me film and edit my campaign videos which I think were crucial to my success. And Sigma Nu put up with me begging them to vote and get their friends to vote. 

What is your favorite part about Northwestern Homecoming?
My favorite part about Homecoming is the general excitement of it. I still remember the Ohio State game two years ago as one of my favorite memories of my time here at Northwestern. It’s great seeing alumni and current students come together to celebrate and enjoy a good (although usually kinda depressing) football game.

What would your perfect date be like?
I’m a very laid-back person, so something like grabbing burgers and beer sounds awesome to me.