Meet Katie Landry, Coordinator of Baby Got Mac!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Katie Landry, Cheif Marketing Officer of Kappa Alpha Theta, sat down with us to give a little more information on Kappa Alpha Theta & Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s upcoming philantrhopy event, Baby Got Mac!

Name: Katie Landry

Hometown: Roseville, Minnesota

Age: 20

What is Baby Got Mac?

Baby Got Mac is a charitable food philanthropy event put on by the ladies of Kappa Alpha Theta and the gentleman of SAE to raise money for the Theta Foundation and for SAE’s national philanthropy, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

What do these foundations benefit?

The Theta Foundation strives to allow every Theta the opportunity to make a difference by awarding over $1 million in scholarships annually. We’re actually really proud to say that some of our member’s of Northwestern Theta have been recipients, so it is great knowing that we are raising money for such a unique, beneficial cause. SAE raises money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, therefore their money raised will go towards children’s hospitals, medical research and community awareness of children’s health issues.

What will be offered at Baby Got Mac?

There will be at least two different varieties of mac and cheese, there will also be some toppings (bacon bits, bread crumbs, sriracha,) The possibilities and combinations are endless, so you’ll have to come and see for yourself!

What is your role in the event?

As Chief Marketing Officer of Kappa Alpha Theta, I oversee all philanthropy and service events and am in charge of coordinating with the Service and Philo rep as well as the service and philanthropy chairs from the organization we are partnering with. In this event in particular, my role is partly planning and partly marketing for the event and generally overseeing how things run prior to and on the night of BGM.

How has this event run in past years?

Last year we had our first Baby Got Mac. It was successful, but we had some issues with logistics and keeping the food warm. However, this year, we are learning from our mistakes last year and making sure everything will be in proper order and running smoothly. We plan to make this a signature philanthropy event for years to come, so we are going to do our best to make sure this event is as great as possible!

If you could have any type of mac and cheese this very instant, which kind would it be and why?

My favorite kind of mac and cheese that you can get at the store is Auntie Anne’s white cheddar shells. But obviously I’m very excited about the mac and cheese that will be offered Thursday night!

Baby Got Mac is Thursday, March 10th, from 8-11pm & 12:30-2:30am!