Meet Grace Buckingham – Ski Trip Exec

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Grace Buckingham
Year: Sophomore
Major: Undecided
Hometown: San Francisco , CA

Q: What made you want to be on Ski Trip Exec?

Grace: I think Ski Trip is a really amazing and unique thing that Northwestern does, so I really wanted to be a part of planning it. I wanted to be able to make it the best it can possibly be, and be a part of all the action. Exec is a lot of work, but the trip makes it all worth it.

Q: Are you excited about this year’s location?

Grace: I could not be more excited about Steamboat Springs! It is the perfect location for a trip like ours because it has the important combination of a great mountain with a variety of runs and a really fun ski town atmosphere.

Q: Have you always been a big skier?

Grace: My family has a house in the Lake Tahoe area, so I’ve been skiing since I was two. It is one of my all-time favorite activities and it created so many memories for my family. I grew up skiing every weekend, and I can’t wait to go skiing with my best friends on ski trip.

Q: Do you enjoy any other outdoor activities besides skiing?

Grace: Growing up in California, I was raised loving outdoor adventures. I love to run, hike and spend time at the beach. I am also a member of the sailing team here at Northwestern.

Q: Give us one reason why everyone should go on this year’s trip.

Grace: It’s an incredible opportunity to easily travel somewhere exciting with all of your friends. It also gives you the chance to make new friends while doing something totally exciting and fun. I really encourage everyone to go , and tickets are on sale now at the Norris box office.

Q: Do you have to be an expert skier to go on the trip?

Grace: Not at all. Northwestern Ski Trip caters to all levels of experience, from total beginner to avid skier. The Board plans so many cool events, you could have a total blast and never even set foot on the mountain. But I think that everyone should at least give the bunny slopes a try! You can have fun, and also be able to tell your friends you learned how to ski over Winter Break.

Emma Tyler

Northwestern