This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Andrew Jennings aka. Archie Blocka Hometown: Teaneck, New JerseyMajor: JournalismCampus Involvements: Social media director for Streetbeat, Promo Committee for Mayfest and DOJO. 

What is Dial Up?We do a bunch of stuff, but it’s mainly a radio show on WNUR. Me and a group of five other guys learned how to DJ so now we sometimes have our show from 1-3 am.

Other than the radio show, what else does Dial Up do?We just posted a Youtube video of a member of Dial Up dunking on the Burger King manager. We made Canada Juice stickers that ended up getting pretty popular. We’re planning on making a monthly magazine (if we have time), and we’re starting to film stuff. But at the end of the day, it’s six people who like music. That’s how it started.

What are you wearing right now and what is your style?Currently, I’m wearing some New Balances I bought last year, pajama pants, David’s sweatshirt and a bucket hat. I had an interview at nine o’clock in the morning and I didn’t feel like getting dressed. Generally I just wear sweatpants and sneakers, random hoodies and bucket hats. Back home everyone dressed similarly but here I guess I’m the bucket hat guy. I wear whatever is comfortable, I never wear anything that’s not comfortable, so I never wear jeans. 

What’s your favorite type of music?I listen to mostly rap, but since I’ve gotten here I’ve had to expand my horizons because there’s only so much good rap music. So right now I listen to Chynna and grime music and a bunch of random stuff I find on Soundcloud.

Dial Up is having a three on three basketball tournament on Thursday, June 4th. Check out the Facebook event!

photos are from facebook.com